Sunday 6 March 2016

MONDAY 7th MARCH 2016 07:23 GMT

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 
WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY

7th March 1936 
The Remilitarization of the Rhineland 
When German military forces entered the Rhineland, it was a very symbolic and significant act because it violated the terms of the Treaty of Versailles and the Locarno Treaties, marking the first time since the end of World War I that German troops had been in this region. 

The remilitarization had major consequences. The act was a calculated risk by Hitler. Not yet having the military resources to oppose a full-scale Allied invasion, Hitler gambled that the Allies would have no appetite for for military conflict. He was absolutely right - with major social/economic difficulties at home and the horrific losses of World War I still fresh in the minds of many, having to enforce international agreements that now seemed harsh in retrospect was an unwanted distraction.

The consequences of this inaction were however to prove ultimately disastrous. The Allies did not realize the full intentions of Hitler, even though they were clearly set out in Hitler's "Mein Kampf" written before Hitler's accession to power in 1933. Hitler now firmly believed that he could ignore the treaty of Versailles with impunity and that the Allies would not interfere with his territorial ambitions in Eastern Europe. A massive programme of rearmament was consequently pursued. 

This rearmament rapidly changed the balance of power in Europe from France towards Germany, making the French adopt a totally defensive strategy that was to prove useless against German "Blitzkrieg" tactics. Ultimately, rightly having no fear of the Allies, Hitler started World War II, a conflict far more bloody and destructive than World War I had been.

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Housework
Client Prep
Meditation
Supper
Client Sessions

Twitter Followers = 2,092 (no change)
Never-followed unfollowers eliminated = 0

-
Followed unfollowers eliminated = 0

-
New Followers followed back = 0
-
Spammers not followed back = 0
-

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
On Sunday a reached an emotional "low" I hadn't been at for years - not because anything significant had occurred, but because a series of INsignificant events had trod on raw nerves and emotional scars.  

It is perfectly logical that the remedy for a brain gone dysfunctional turned out to be to shut it down for repairs. I slept, with some interruptions for urination, from 1900 to 0500, an impressive ten hours. I awoke feeling 1000% better. 

I remember during this period, in brief moments of consciousness, urges to eat, drink and indulge in a good fap. What is significant was that my consciousness did not attempt to process the relative merits of these in order to arrive at a decision. Instead, in accordance with my training, I just decided to observe what my subconscious did. This meant that the repair process was not interrupted by energy being diverted to my consciousness and I slipped easily back into sleep. 

This is major progress in my aim to be entirely intuitively driven, my consciousness being reassigned from decision-maker to internal eye, keeping focus on the objectives decreed from the subconscious. This is an enormous relief, meaning I can simply enjoy the journey and also promoting rapid recovery from brain-malfunctions as occurred this weekend.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Which part of you is really in charge

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD

















Moon





Weathertrack














Air Pressure
1008 millibars and rising

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I've been keeping a close eye on my spending, and I can see that I'm very good at it :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
John Oliver on Countries

8. TRIVIA
The Indian Ocean earthquake in 2004 generated enough energy to power all the homes and businesses in the United States for three days.

9. ZEN WISDOM
Only the rescued survivors understand humility 

No comments:

Post a Comment