Wednesday 20 January 2016

THURSDAY 21st JANUARY 2016 07:07 GMT

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 
WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY

21st January 1954

The First Nuclear-Powered Submarine is launched
USS Nautilus (SSN-571) was the world's first operational nuclear-powered submarine. The vessel was the first submarine to complete a submerged transit of the North Pole on 3 August 1958. Sharing names with Captain Nemo's fictional submarine in Jules Verne's Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, and named after another USS Nautilus (SS-168) that served with distinction in World War II, Nautilus was authorized in 1951 and launched in 1954. 

Because her nuclear propulsion allowed her to remain submerged far longer than diesel-electric submarines, she broke many records in her first years of operation, and traveled to locations previously beyond the limits of submarines. In operation, she revealed a number of limitations in her design and construction. This information was used to improve subsequent submarines.

Nautilus was decommissioned in 1980 and designated a National Historic Landmark in 1982. The submarine has been preserved as a submarine museum in Groton, Connecticut, where the vessel receives some 250,000 visitors a year.

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Client session and follow up
Nap
Meditation
Me Time
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 2,072 (no change)
Non-followed eliminated = 1

untraced
Unfollowers eliminated = 1

@DarrenMarks
New Followers followed back = 1
@Grimnien
Spammers not followed back =1
@AnnaLeverer

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Confession - I did the thing I advise people not to do - used sleep time for something else! I got a bit obsessed wanting to finish something! Not a good idea when I'm fighting a throat infection and I have a torn knee ligament. I will now have to pay back this sleep debt - I will have an opportunity this afternoon.

Unfortunately I must also confess that I don't regret it! It was something I wanted to get "out of my system" and I can now focus elsewhere. It was a one-off and I don't deprive myself of sleep on a regular basis. Every wellbeing regime needs a little flexibility!

On a completely different note, I have been very conscious of the temporary nature of existence - I can see things crumbling to dust before my eyes! Everything is passing - and quickly. Oddly, this doesn't depress me - in fact it's a great "leveller" there is no point resenting something temporary. It has also made my life-purpose very clear - to pass on truth while I still can!

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you aware how little time you have? Are you making best use?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD

Moon:





Weathertrack















Air Pressure: 1021 millibars and falling

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
Nothing hides your feelings like the backspace key :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
The Graham Norton Show - The Best Rejection Ever!

8. TRIVIA
Attractive defendants are not only less likely to be convicted, but when they are, they are likely to suffer less severe punishment than an unattractive person convicted of the same offence.

9. ZEN WISDOM
True love should be transformative; a process that amplifies our capacity to cherish not just one person but many others. It can make us stronger, lift us higher and deepen us as individuals. Only to the extent that we polish ourselves now can we hope to develop wonderful bonds of the heart in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment