Sunday 13 December 2015

MONDAY 14th DECEMBER 2015 07:29 GMT

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY

14th December 2012
The Sandy Hook Massacre

The Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting occurred on December 14, 2012, in Newtown, Connecticut, when 20-year-old Adam Lanza fatally shot 20 children and 6 adult staff members. Prior to driving to the school, Lanza shot and killed his mother at their Newtown home. As first responders arrived at the scene, Lanza committed suicide by shooting himself in the head.

The incident was the deadliest mass shooting at a high school or grade school in U.S. history and the second-deadliest mass shooting by a single person in U.S. history, after the 2007 Virginia Tech shootings. The shooting prompted renewed debate about gun control in the United States, including proposals for making the background-check system universal, and for new federal and state legislation banning the sale and manufacture of certain types of semi-automatic firearms and magazines with more than ten rounds of ammunition. A November 2013 report issued by the Connecticut State Attorney's office concluded that Lanza acted alone and planned his actions, but no evidence collected provided any indication as to why he did so, or why he targeted the school.

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Housework
Client prep, session and follow up
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 2,043 (down 1)
Non-followed eliminated = 1

untraced
Unfollowers eliminated = 1

@AmyWalkerCoach
New Followers followed back = 0
-
Spammers not followed back = 1
@zavarukhina_86

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
You may not think it unusual for someone to wake at 08:15 on a Sunday morning, but for me it's quite unprecedented - that's the middle of the day by my standards! I cannot remember the last time I woke up so late - clearly I had some sleep debt to pay off. It threw out all my normal Sunday routines and I had to sacrifice the morning blogs.

Up to now, if I wanted to wake around 7am, I have never bothered to set an alarm, because I would wake naturally around 6. Of course, last week was unusual, so that messed up my circadian rhythm, but it may also be an age thing. In any case I will set alarms at the weekend in future!

I don't have a problem with ageing in the way most folks seem to. If you are 30+ you are DYING and so it's important to make good use of the remaining time. Ageing is the slow process of death. I actually find it rather fascinating observing it. I'm reminded to use every remaining faculty while I still have it - mobility, intelligence, etc. 

I guess that my somewhat clinical attitude comes from my perspective on life, consciousness and existence itself. My character is not so much a distinct thing as an event. Consciousness is separate from it, that through the medium of the character is temporarily focused to experience a certain perspective. The ultimate purpose of the character is to gather experience, genes and memes and then pass them on. The reward for attaining understanding is the experience of Peace of Mind.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Do you want to know what you really are?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Calm, cool, settled and cloudy throughout, with negligible wind
Damp and foggy in the late evening
Max Temp = 6 degC at noon
Min Temp = 5 degC at 7am
Sunrise at 08:17
Sunset at 15:45
Moon: 

Weathertrack: Britain is in a run of mild southerly air - a weak cold front will move north across the country in the evening
Air Pressure: 1015 millibars and rising slightly

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I often worry about the safety of my children ... especially the one who is talking back to me right now. :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!

8. TRIVIA
If a woman offers to pay for everything, this usually means that she has not enjoyed the date. There’s an unspoken understanding that a man paying for everything is a form of “copulatory gift,” which is almost universal in all animal species.

9. ZEN WISDOM
Happiness is not something far away. It is to be found neither in fame nor in popularity. When you live with integrity, your hearts begin to fill with a happiness as vast as the universe. It’s about being true to yourself and starting from where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment