Monday 7 September 2015

TUESDAY 8th SEPTEMBER 2015 07:21 BST

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY

8th September 1796
THE BATTLE OF BASSANO
The French Revolutionary Army under Napoleon defeated an Austrian army attempting to relieve the French siege of Mantua, Italy. The relief attempt consequently failed. However the retreating Austrians fled into Mantua itself, swelling its garrison. This did not save the town, which finally fell to the French in the following February.

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Client prep and session
Housework
Meditation
Me Time
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 2,003 (no change)
Non-followed eliminated = 0

-
Unfollowers eliminated = 0
-
New Followers followed back = 0
-
Spammers not followed back = 0
-

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Even in loving families, there is occasionally a spat! Last night's, though brief, was very upsetting for everybody, coming out of the blue and over trivial matters. 

With things thankfully patched up before bed, I was left pondering the lessons to be learned. I have concluded that I need to be more conscious of my weaknesses in even loving company, particularly in overreacting to what others say and do.

Mindfulness, it turns out is for me an essential continual activity vital in protecting me (and others!) from myself. No matter who I'm with or where I am, that calming blanket of self-awareness needs to be there. I will learn and move on.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Is there something about yourself you need to address?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry and cloudy throughout with a light easterly or south-easterly breeze
Max Temp = 13 degC at 3pm
Min Temp = 9 degC at 7am
Sunrise at 06:27
Sunset at 19:41
Moon: 

Weathertrack: An anticyclone moving east across Britain will keep the country dry but cloudy
Air Pressure: 1031 millibars and falling

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I phone mum so she can remind me of all my problems that I'd forgotten :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!

8. TRIVIA
We are only just beginning to harness the capabilities of dogs. Some dogs can smell dead bodies under water, where termites are hiding, and natural gas buried under 40 feet of dirt. They can even detect cancer that is too small to be detected by a doctor and can find lung cancer by sniffing a person’s breath.

9. ZEN WISDOM
Everything begins with the resolve to take the first step. From that action, wisdom arises and change begins. Without action, nothing changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment