Wednesday 26 August 2015

THURSDAY 27th AUGUST 2015 07:19 BST

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (27th August 
1945)
Off Japan...
Soviet air and naval forces are ordered to avoid approaching Hokkaido

East Indies...
Japanese troops on Morotai Island and Halmahera Island surrender to US 93rd Infantry Division

Philippines...
Operation Ethelred: RN task force departs to occupy Hong Kong

Japan...
Carrier-based aircraft from USN Task Force 38 conduct patrols and recon flights
USN PB4Y aircraft makes an emergency landing at Atsugi airfield near Tokyo and safely departs
US 3rd Fleet enters Sagami Wan outside Tokyo Bay
IJN destroyer Hatsuzakura transports Japanese representatives to USN battleship Missouri to receive instructions for the surrender ceremony
IJN submarines I-14 and I-400 surrender to USN destroyers Murray and Dashiell off Honshu

China...
In the first of hundreds of missions throughout China, Korea, and Japan, US 20th Air Force B-29 bombers conduct supply drops to POW and internee camps holding thousands of Allied troops and civilians
Chinese delegation arrives at Nanking for a formal Japanese surrender ceremony

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Client prep, sessions and follow up all day

Twitter Followers = 1,995 (up 1)
Non-followed eliminated = 0

-
Unfollowers eliminated = 0
@ArtJonak
New Followers followed back = 0
@meltednjh689005, @brokelwt1231739   
Spammers not followed back = 0
-

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
The number of clients I see in a day varies enormously but today is particularly busy and I'm looking forward to it, doing what I do best. The work is always so interesting because every client I see is completely unique, so every one requires a different approach. A busy day such as this focuses the mind wonderfully!

With things at home in a settled phase, it's a golden opportunity to push-on spiritually. There is still much progress to make regarding attachment and mindfulness - it requires very high levels of concentration. I can now silence my mind at will for a few minutes but I'm some way from my goal of total internal silence and being intuitively driven.

Nevertheless progress is progress, and letting go, when I'm focused enough to do it, is highly pleasant! The real test is how I respond to situations, particularly to those unwanted. I am a significant number of failures away from continual success, but this does not concern me - I have a very healthy attitude towards failure, seeing it as an essential learning tool.

If my own behaviour disappoints me, I use the Reiki teaching of going inside myself to determine the cause, and at the root of it is always some form of attachment to something that isn't there. Once I've identified it, there's a need for acceptance and letting go. In the coming week I will observe my own progress with interest!

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
How are you currently developing yourself?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry and mild throughout with frequent sunny periods
Skies will clear completely from early evening
A moderate southwesterly will blow throughout
Max Temp = 16 degC at 4pm
Min Temp = 12 degC at 7am
Sunrise at 06:06
Sunset at 20:10
Moon: 

Weathertrack: Most of Britain is in the clear sector of a large depression centred south of Iceland, though weather fronts and troughs will cross northern Scotland
Weathertrack: 1002 millibars and rising

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I talk the talk but can't walk the walk and drink the drink at the same time :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!

8. TRIVIA
So many Harry Potter fans visit King’s Cross station to take pictures of platforms 9 and 10 that the station management erected a sign that says “Platform 9 ¾” - this is unauthentic because in the book, the muggles can't actually see the sign as its on the other side of the wizard's portal in a column on platform 9

9. ZEN WISDOM
Without dialogue, humans are fated to walk in the darkness of their own dogmatic self-righteousness. Dialogue is the lamp by which we dispel that darkness, lighting and making visible for each other our steps and the path ahead

No comments:

Post a Comment