Sunday 23 August 2015

MONDAY 24th AUGUST 2015 07:33 BST

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (24th August 
1945)
Off Japan...
Soviet submarine L-19 vanishes, most likely due to hitting a mine

Sakhalin Island...
Soviet detachments land by air near Toyohara

China...
General Arthur Percival, who surrendered at Singapore in 1941, is liberated from Japanese captivity by Soviet troops

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Lots of housework!
Meditation
Me Time
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 1,994 (up 1)
Non-followed eliminated = 1

@SalesProfit
Unfollowers eliminated = 0
-
New Followers followed back = 0
-
Spammers not followed back = 2
@ChesterHypno, @DarkBlueLA 

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
One of the things I'm grateful for is my raised ability of discernment, seeing right through to the agenda of people. This has made me lose interest in most of them as their agenda is so shallow. I have found that curiosity, the desire to know, seek out and research things is relatively rare, despite the fact that most could do so easily with a few taps of their smartphones.

What I find particularly odd is that people will continue to suffer with personal issues, particularly with phobias that are blighting their life, rather than seek out ways to be liberated from them. Only when they can see it robbing them of something they want right now will they act. After some extensive experience with the public, the only conclusion I can draw is that most people are stupid and wilfully ignorant.

However, I am also only too aware that the only reason I am not one of the ignorant masses myself is because knowledge was my only comforter for many years. A passive misfit from a dysfunctional family, one of the few places I felt both safe and entertained was in the library. It was circumstances outside of my character that ultimately constructed the path to Enlightenment.

It is time to let Daughter go. Hope has taken a long time to die. Unlike parents and sister, where there is absolutely no incentive or desire for a reunion, with Daughter I can remember better times. Hope therefore has been clinging to the concept of restoring them. But the reality is that cute little girl is long dead. The person there in her stead bears absolutely no resemblance in character. A loving relationship with this person simply isn't mine to own. I think I have finally grasped that there's a different person there to the one I've been clinging to. The person I am looking for simply isn't there and doesn't exist. Hope has been holding on to a mirage. With eyes opened, a burden is lifted and inner peace is found.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Have you the desire to find out how to make things better?  

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry, mild and cloudy throughout
Wind negligible until evening when a moderate north-easterly will pick up
Max Temp = 16 degC at 3pm
Min Temp = 11 degC at 8am
Sunrise at 06:01
Sunset at 20:17
Moon: 

Weathertrack: Britain is in a col between two small depressions, causing wet weather in the far north and south and dry weather in the central area
Air Pressure: 1001 millibars and static

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
My daughter wanted a Cinderella-themed birthday party, so I invited all of her friends over and made them clean the house  :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!

8. TRIVIA
There may seem to be a lot of redheads, but in fact it's the rarest natural hair colour

9. ZEN WISDOM
Through the process of overcoming grief, it is possible for us to see beyond our own suffering to develop a more expansive and robust sense of self. This experience can inspire us to care for others who feel the same pain

No comments:

Post a Comment