Friday 21 August 2015

FRIDAY 21st AUGUST 2015 08:50 BST

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (21st August 
1945)
Washington DC...
President Truman orders an end to Lend-Lease

Shimishuru Island...
Japanese forces surrender to Soviet forces

Sakhalin Island...
Soviet 16th Army is attacking towards Toyohara

China...
15th Army of Soviet 2nd Far Eastern Front links up with 1st Red Banner Army of 1st Far Eastern Front in Harbin
2nd Red Banner Army of Soviet 2nd Far Eastern Front captures Peian
6th Guards Tank Army of Soviet Trans-Baikal Front reaches Changchun and Mukden
Detachment of Soviet Trans-Baikal Front reaches Kalgan
Representatives from Japanese headquarters arrive at Chichiang to receive detailed instructions for a formal surrender ceremony
Chinese 13th Army is ordered to advance to Hong Kong and take surrender of Japanese garrison

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Shift 1 of the weekend job
TV Comedy night

Twitter Followers = 1,991 (up 1)
Non-followed eliminated = 0

-
Unfollowers eliminated = 1
@Okhilleus
New Followers followed back = 2
@MrsMumsie, @littleowlshouse
Spammers not followed back = 0


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I was once a firm believer in karma, which basically means what goes around comes around. I haven't now rejected this philosophy entirely in the same way as I have done with Christianity, but it's probably more complicated than an automatic rebound.

That said it's a highly attractive idea, particularly after a recent incident involving Daughter. Missus, bless her, has been attempting to reconcile myself and Daughter. Unfortunately there's no "give" and much delusion from from the other side. Firstly she believes I'm entirely responsible for the breakdown of our relationship, and secondly that I somehow broke up her relationship with her brother.

Her "price" therefore of a reconciliation is that I arrange a reunion between the two of them. There are several delusions going on here - firstly that I want a reconciliation at any price - I don't. I mourn it every day but that does not mean I want it back - I would require a fundamental shift in Daughter's attitude first, for which I'm not holding my breath. Secondly I am NOT responsible for the breakdown of our relationship - I only severed relations. Her greed, narcissism, absence of empathy, rampant insecurity and hateful vindictiveness are the true causes. 

Thirdly, it was not me who caused the breakdown of her relationship with her brother, it was HER, by the same reasons our own relationship broke down. It was Son's decision alone to end their relationship, nothing to do with me at all. I therefore have no power to reunite them either.

Still hurting from being on the receiving end of these hateful delusions, I must confess to a twisted glee on hearing Daughter had got somewhat distressed having lost £40 worth of purchases that she mislaid on her way home. The concept of karma biting her on her hateful deluded arse is highly attractive and satisfying! 

The reality is probably more complicated. What is certainly true is that everything you do, say and think results in a consequence, and if they are negative, then negative consequences surely result.  

Knowing this whilst I can't help what I feel (such as twisted glee!) I can control my thoughts words and actions, so by mindfulness and intensive focus on the right things I mainly keep them positive.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Do you have an effective coping strategy for the things you face?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Mainly dry and cloudy during the day
Some light rain is expected in the evening, and heavier outbreaks overnight
A moderate southerly wind will blow throughout
Max Temp = 19 degC at 2pm
Min Temp = 17 degC at midnight
Sunrise at 05:55
Sunset at 20:24
Moon: 

Weathertrack: A weather front dividing a large mid-Atlantic depression from a large Scandinavian anticyclone will remain static over Britain
Air Pressure: 1016 millibars and static

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
Sometimes when you're faced with an unpleasant task you just have to dig down deep and find the strength to get someone else to do it :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!

8. TRIVIA
During the World War 2, the most respected German corporations used slave labour, including BMW, Daimler-Benz (Mercedes-Benz), Messerschmitt, and Krupp. Though they were not forced to use slaves, they nevertheless used them as “good business practice.” Additionally, I.G. Farben, a German chemical industry conglomerate, invested more than 700 million Reich marks to build a huge petrochemical plant at Auschwitz Camp III, which was staffed by slaves.

9. ZEN WISDOM
The important thing is to take that first step. Bravely overcoming one small fear gives you the courage to take on the next.


No comments:

Post a Comment