Tuesday 21 July 2015

WEDNESDAY 22nd JULY 2015 07:34 BST

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (22nd July 
1945)
Switzerland...
Japanese officials are ordered not to pursue peace feelers with the American OSS

Paramushiru Island...
USN Task Force 93 with light cruisers Richmond and Concord and five destroyers bombards Japanese positions

Borneo...
Australian 7th Infantry Division's beachhead perimeter in the Balikpapan sector reaches its furthest extent

Off Okinawa...
US attack transport Marathon is damaged by Japanese aircraft

Off Japan...
Three Japanese vessels are sunk and five others damaged by mines

Burma...
British 12th Army continues to intercept and destroy isolated remnants of Japanese 28th Army attempting to break out toward the east

Today's Air Raids...
Truk Atoll by US 20th Air Force
Luzon on Japanese pockets by US 5th Air force
Japan US FEAF fighters attack targets on Honshu
Off Japan minelaying by US 20th Air Force
East China Sea minelaying by US 20th Air Force
Pusan, Korea by US FEAF
China on Shanghai, Chiang Wan, and military targets by US FEAF
China on Siang-Chiang valley, Siaokan, Sincheng, and military targets by US 14th Air Force
Indochina on military targets by US 14th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Shopping
Quality Missus Time
Me Time
Meditation

Twitter Followers = 1,989 (up 2)
Non-followed eliminated = 1

untraced
Unfollowers eliminated = 0
New Followers followed back = 1
@AvtarRamSingh, 
Spammers not followed back = 2
@malenabell57, @jyhuqypefeja

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
It often causes a twang of resentment and annoyance within me when I hear people banging on about how important family is to them, because I am one of those who will never have that experience - I come from a family line that tears itself apart. 

Between the lofty heights of a clan-like loving extended family and the depths of depraved abuse is a grey area between - the dysfunctional family. I have parents that never actively abused me - but were too wrapped up in their own issues to nurture me and had neither the skill nor the intelligence to make a good job of it anyway. My mum and dad never recovered from the neglect/abuse/dysfunctionality THEY suffered and simply passed down a watered-down version to me. 

For failing to deal with their own issues, for prioritzing fucking bricks and mortar over their relationships, they must now pay a terrible price. They will go to their graves neither hated nor loved - I honestly don't give a fuck about them. I can no longer summon a shred of affection or interest of any kind. All I feel is a deeply profound disappointment in having the upbringing I did by the people who did it. Their terrible mistake was pouring all their attention and energy into a house - but the house does not love them back and now neither do I - at all. Sister by the way has turned out just like them, albeit with more intelligence, so ditto towards her.

Unfortunately that dysfunctionality has passed down the line - my relationship with my daughter has gone a similar way, but hand-on-heart I did my best - puberty did something terrible to daughter's mind - were were absolutely fine before that! She had the love, attention and provision I never had and we have still ended up deeply disappointed with each other.

However I have golden consolations - my relationship with Son and Missus is glorious! I at least did SOMETHING right! Also, my dysfunctional experiences have proved invaluable in establishing empathy and rapport with my clients and helped them to overcome their own issues.

Amused, Higher Consciousness looks on...

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Can you see where adversity has made you stronger?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Mainly dry and cloudy - some light showers likely in the early afternoon
Skies will gradually clear over the evening
A light to moderate westerly will blow throughout
Max Temp = 15 degC at 3pm
Min Temp = 12 degC at midnight
Sunrise at 05:05
Sunset at 21:21
Moon: 


Weathertrack: A weak occluded front will move south across Britain today
Air Pressure: 1012 millibars and rising slightly

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
Exaggerating went up a million percent last year :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Russell Howard - cuddle spray

8. TRIVIA
The Indian Ocean tsunami of 2004 killed more than 216,000 people, possibly as many as 283,000. Victims included not only local people but also approximately 9,000 tourists from Australia, Sweden, the United Kingdom, and the U.S. who were spending their Christmas vacations at beach resorts in Southeast Asia.

9. ZEN WISDOM
Each form of life supports all others; together they weave the grand web of life. Thus there really is no happiness for oneself alone, no suffering that afflicts only others.

No comments:

Post a Comment