Wednesday 22 July 2015

THURSDAY 23rd JULY 2015 06:57 BST

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (23rd July 
1945)
France...
The trial of Marshal Petain begins

Sakhalin Island...
raiding party sent ashore by USN submarine Barb destroys a Japanese train

Off Java...
IJN auxiliary sub chaser Cha-117 is sunk by USN submarine Hardhead

Off Japan...
Japanese vessel No. 3 Hakutetsu Maru is sunk by USN Destroyer Squadron 61
IJN guardboat No. 2 Kiri Maru is sunk by USN submarine Sea Poacher
IJN guardboat No. 2 Taisho Maru is sunk by a mine
8 Japanese cargo ships are sunk by mines

Off Korea...
Japanese vessel No. 15 Horai Maru is sunk by US FEAF aircraft

Today's Air Raids...
Borneo, Ambon Island, and the Tolonoeoe Islands by US FEAF
Luzon on Japanese pockets by US 5th Air force
Japan on military targets by US FEAF
Ube, Japan by US 20th Air Force
China on military targets by US FEAF
Sinyang, Ichang, Paoching, China by US 14th Air Force
Indochina on military targets by US 14th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
The Milk Run
Quality Missus Time
Me Time
Meditation

Twitter Followers = 1,989 (no change)
Non-followed eliminated = 1

untraced
Unfollowers eliminated = 0
New Followers followed back = 0
Spammers not followed back = 1
@colinlegendre

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Though my relationship with Daughter is dead, that doesn't mean I don't take an interest - on the contrary, I get to track her life story via her mother. Whilst I most definitely disapprove of the way she treats people, she is not without gifts I admire.

She can sing like an angel (a talent she has chosen not to use or believe in), she LOOKS like an angel and has the ability to manipulate those who like her. She is tenacious and intelligent, has inherited my gift for words and then some, and is capable of achieving anything she wants.

Though I no longer want a relationship with her, I certainly wish her no harm - in fact I will take some remote pride from her success. And rather spookily, I notice her boyfriend looks like ME in my prime, albeit with black hair.

Son meanwhile, with whom I've had the exact opposite experience, is probably going to end up almost as remote - not for any bad reason, but simply because that's where destiny is taking him, though again I will track his life story with interest, in his case directly from the "horse's mouth" as we will keep in touch. 

So all this leaves me back where I started - looking after Missus, but this time with much greater wisdom. In this current fortnight I'm getting a taste of our future - and I quite like it! I know who I am, what I am and what I want to do, and I have found gratitude and peace-of-mind at last.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Is your own purpose clear in your mind?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Mainly dry and cloudy - some light showers likely in the early afternoon
Skies will gradually clear over the evening
A light to moderate westerly or south-westerly will blow throughout
Max Temp = 15 degC at 2pm
Min Temp = 11 degC at midnight
Sunrise at 05:06
Sunset at 21:20
Moon:

Weathertrack: The south of Britain will be kept dry by a weak anticyclone in the Bay of Biscay, whilst the north will experience rain and showers from a depression north of Scotland
Air Pressure: 1015 millibars and static

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I always tell myself there is no such thing as a stupid question, but everyday someone tries to change my mind :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Sarah Tiana on Dick Pics

8. TRIVIA
Garlic, a traditional vampire repellent, has been used as a form of protection for over 2,000 years. The ancient Egyptians believed garlic was a gift from God. In several cultures, brides carried garlic under their clothes for protection, and cloves of garlic were used to protect people from a wide range of illnesses. Modern-day scientists found that the oil in garlic, allicin, is a highly effective antibiotic.

9. ZEN WISDOM
Failure is an instrumental part of every success. Whether our life has been a triumph or tragedy can only be judged at its very end.

No comments:

Post a Comment