Friday 31 July 2015

SATURDAY 1st AUGUST 2015 06:55 BST

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (1st August 
1945)
London...
The Zionist World Conference opens in London and insists Jewish survivors in Europe must be allowed into Palestine

Wake Island...
USN Task Group 12.3 with battleships Tennessee and Pennsylvania bombards Japanese garrison whilst Carrier-based aircraft from USN Task Group 12.3 with carrier Cabot attack from the air. Pennsylvania is damaged by Japanese shore battery

East Indies...
Japanese vessels Shoei Maru and Hino Maru are sunk by RN submarine Thorough
RN submarines Thorough and Taciturn bombard Japanese shipping and positions around Buleleng Roads on Bali

Off Japan...
USN Task Force 38 and RN Task Force 37 withdraw from Japanese waters to replenish and avoid an approaching typhoon

East China Sea...
USN Task Groups 95.2 and 95.3 begin an anti-shipping sweep

China...
Chinese forces capture Liuchow
General Hegenberger takes command of US 10th Air Force at Kunming

Today's Air Raids...
Surabaya, Java by US FEAF
Pontanak, Borneo by US FEAF
Luzon on Japanese pockets by US FEAF
Takao, Formosa by US FEAF
Japan on multiple military targets by US FEAF
Japan on Hachioji, Toyama, Nagaoka, Mito, Kawasaki, targets of opportunity and offshore minelaying by US 20th Air Force
China fighter sweeps around Wuchou, Canton, and Tsingyun by US 14th Air Force
Tourane and Quang Nam, Indochina by US FEAF

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Quality Missus Time
Meditation
Me Time

Twitter Followers = 1,967 (down 1)
Non-followed eliminated = 1

@kyfofocuheg
Unfollowers eliminated = 1
@DianaVerdeNieto
New Followers followed back = 1
untraced
Spammers not followed back = 0

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
It is the destiny of this character to be the Lone Wolf, or the guru on the mountain, whichever suits your imagination. This doesn't mean I seek utter isolation - I enjoy company and recognition - but rather I can't work with anyone for a prolonged period. I have my own way of doing things that I'm very reluctant to compromise on. One of the reasons my marriage works is that I have unprecedented freedom within it that has enabled me to ultimately grow and thrive.

For this reason, as a matter of priority, I need to establish my Practice to the level where it can financially support me before Missus no longer can. I have however long-since embraced risk, uncertainty and failures as the price for my life lived my way, and it's working for me so far! Living for today my way has resulted in the "Golden Age" I'm currently enjoying.

I have learned that whatever you do, there is no true security and there will always be disapproval. Therefore, if I could fail and I'm going to piss off people, it may as well be whilst doing something I actually love doing. That is my message - live your dream follow your passion, no matter how competitive or risky it is or how often you fail - pursue it to the end.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you going to choose security or happiness?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Mainly dry and cloudy but with showers, some heavy
Showers will have all passed by evening
A moderate south-westerly will blow throughout
Max Temp = 15 degC at 2pm
Min Temp = 11 degC at 7am
Sunrise at 05:20
Sunset at 21:05
Moon:

Weathertrack: A dissipating depression west of Scotland will bring cloud and showers to Britain today
Air Pressure: 1013 millibars and rising slightly

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I'm at that stage of marriage where "getting lucky tonight" means we're getting pizza delivered :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!

8. TRIVIA
Research has found that women prefer masculine-looking men when they are ovulating—, but at other times of the month, they seek men with softer features, associated with more social and caring behaviour.

9. ZEN WISDOM
It would be pointless for a plum blossom to try to remake itself as a cherry blossom, no matter how deeply the plum yearns to do so. The plum is happiest when it blooms as itself in full glory. How much of the color and wonder of life would be lost if it weren’t for our differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment