Sunday 26 July 2015

MONDAY 27th JULY 2015 06:21 BST

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (27th July 
1945)
London...
Clement Attlee forms a new British government

Off Okinawa...
US vessel John A. Rawlings is written off by Japanese aircraft

Off Japan...
The Japanese lose 1 cargo ship to aircraft, 1 to a submarine and three to mines, with two others damaged
The IJN lose a sub-chaser and T-176 to aircraft

China...
Chinese forces reach outskirts of Kweilin and capture Tanchuk airfield

Today's Air Raids...
Japan on Kagoshima and targets on Kyushu by US FEAF
Off Japan minelaying by US 20th Air Force
China on transportation lines, river traffic, and other targets around Siaokan and Sinyang by US 14th Air Force
Indochina on military targets by US 14th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Quality Missus Time
Meditation
Me Time

Twitter Followers = 1,994 (no change)
Non-followed eliminated = 1

@8Mjalbrecht
Unfollowers eliminated = 0
New Followers followed back = 0
Spammers not followed back = 1
@amritkc33646585 

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
There was a time when, exasperated by the self-sabotage caused by my own emotions, I wished to be rid of them. Now more educated, I know that emotions are essential in communication and in the way the body manages itself. The answer to overactive emotions is not deactivation but good management.

I have made good progress from the days when I could self-sabotage a perfectly fine day by focus on the wrong thing, but I can still be "tripped up" by emotions that are new, strong and sudden. The experience of Son growing up, and therefore away, hit me harder than I was expecting. I thought I was going to be simply happy to see him establishing himself, but instead I find I am in a subtle state of mourning.

To address the issue of strong emotions, I use the Buddhist discipline of Acceptance, a letting go where you allow the emotion to pass right through you, resisting nothing, changing nothing, feeling it, knowing it, but carrying on anyway. I have found that this allows the emotion to thunder down a safe channel without adversely affecting my behaviour.

In fact, I find visualizing water thundering down a channel a useful focusing tool when managing all strong emotions. This allows consciousness to avoid "drowning" in it, instead stepping back and observing it as part of the movie. 

I give my character recognition for achieving a mind-management that has been entirely self-taught, reached solely by research and practice without any guiding guru or teacher. It is joyous in my work to be the mentor I myself never had.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Do you understand the difference between self-control and denial?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Rain all day, heavy at times, feeling cool in a light northerly wind
Max Temp = 12 degC at noon
Min Temp = 10 degC at midnight
Sunrise at 05:12
Sunset at 21:14
Moon: 

Weathertrack: A depression over Britain, moving only slowly east, will bring rain all day to most of the country
Air Pressure: 994 millibars and static

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
Global warming is now thought to be a leading cause of documentaries :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!

8. TRIVIA
In ancient Rome, an infant was placed at the father’s feet shortly after birth. If the father took the child into his arms, it showed he accepted responsibility for its upbringing. If the baby was not accepted, it was be abandoned and left to die.

9. ZEN WISDOM
Dig beneath your feet, there you will find a spring. The place where you are now is crucial. Never try to avoid that which you must do.

No comments:

Post a Comment