Sunday 17 May 2015

MONDAY 18th MAY 2015 06:23 BST

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (18th May 
1945)
Luzon...

US 6th Army is attacking Woodpecker Ridge and Osboy Ridge

Mindanao...
US 8th Army captures Mangima Canyon and Tugbok

Okinawa...
US 10th Army captures Sugar Loaf Hill and attacks Japanese 32nd Army around Wana Ridge, Chocolate Drop Hill, Flattop, Dick Hill, and Sugar Hill
USN destroyer Longshaw is written off by a Japanese shore battery off Okinawa
Three other vessels are damaged by kamikaze aircraft

East China Sea...
Japanese vessel Enkyo Maru is sunk by USN aircraft off Kiangsu, China

Yellow Sea...
Japanese vessel Chosan Maru is sunk by USN submarine Shad

China...
Chihchiang operation (Battle of Western Hunan): 
Chinese forces recover Aishan

Burma...
British 14th Army headquarters moves to Rangoon
Chinese 30th Infantry Division, 38th Infantry Division, and 50th Infantry Division begin transferring to China

Today's Air Raids...
Kataoka, Shumushu Island by US 11th Air Force
Borneo on military targets by US FEAF
Taichu and Tainan, Formosa by US FEAF
Off Japan minelaying and on coastal shipping by US 20th Air Force
China on Siangtan, Sinyang, Kiaotow, Sintsiang, Chenghsien and on transportation lines and other targets throughout southern and eastern China

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Housework
Meditation
Client prep and session
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 1,959 (down 1)
Non-followed eliminated = 1

@moneymoving_au
Unfollowers eliminated = 1
@MrAlanToaca
New Followers followed back = 1
@dorettagreen81 
Spammers not followed back = 0

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION 
Yesterday's meditation was an interesting experience! I closed my eyes and next thing I knew it was two hours later! I know I had an epic dream in that time, but I could remember absolutely nothing about it!

As I suspected, Son's wish for Sunday quality time a fortnight ago proved a whim as he made no such approach this week. I must confess to a twinge of disappointment! I do not intend to communicate that to him. He is an adult now and he has to live his own life. I never want him to feel he owes me anything, apart from the cash that he borrows! I am content to settle for the fact that our relationship is a great success.

It was another day where it felt I was at the fulcrum of the universe, where I could see everything in perspective. Though the preference of this character would have been for a life of happy ignorance, there is a different kind of bliss, a wonderful peace that comes from the higher consciousness that a rollercoaster of circumstances have led me to. I have tasted the greatest prize that this life experience can offer - peace of mind.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
What is the best feeling to experience?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Cloudy with intermittent showers and drizzle
A window of dry weather with sunny periods will occur from early afternoon to mid-evening
A moderate south-westerly will blow throughout
Max Temp = 9 degC at 2pm
Min Temp = 6 degC at midnight
Sunrise at 05:01
Sunset at 21:07
Moon: New Moon

Weathertrack: A depression over Britain will track slowly east
Air Pressure:1008 millibars and falling

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
Vanity is one of the many things I excel at :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
John Oliver on the European Far Right 

8. TRIVIA
There has never been a civilization without tax

9. ZEN WISDOM
Do not buy into the belief, “I’ll never be able to do that.” The power of the entire universe is inherent in our lives. When we firmly decide, “I can do it!” we can break through the walls of self-imposed limitations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment