Tuesday 25 November 2014

MY 52nd BIRTHDAY, WEDNESDAY 26th NOVEMBER 2014 07:14 GMT

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE

TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE and FAN PAGE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (26th November 1944)
On the Russian Front...
Soviet 2nd Ukrainian Front and 3rd Ukrainian Front attack around Budapest
Himmler orders destruction of evidence of mass murder at Auschwitz

Over Germany...
In a particularly bad day for the Luftwaffe, 122 fighters are shot down intercepting Allied air raids 

On the Western Front...
US 9th Army is engaged around Bourheim and Koslar, and begins an advance toward the Roer 
US 1st Army is attacking in Huertgen Forest 
US 3rd Army crosses the Sarre and captures forts around Verdun 
US 7th Army captures Steige and Ville
French 1st Army attacks around Burnhaupt but is counterattacked around Mulhouse 

In Budapest, Hungary...
All remaining Jews are forced into a ghetto

Yugoslavia...
Tito consents to RN and RAF making temporary use of some airfields and ports

In the Atlantic...
USN aircraft carrier Bon Homme Richard is commissioned 

In the Pacific...
Japanese vessel Onoe Maru is sunk by USN submarine Raton 

US 6th Army is engaged around Kilay Ridge and Shoestring Ridge on Leyte Island
Japanese aircraft unsuccessfully attempt to land commandos overnight at Tacloban airfield on Leyte Island 

New Guinea...
Australian 16th Infantry Brigade completes the relief of US units and takes command of the Aitape area

Burma...
British 36th Infantry Division of Northern Combat Area Command attacks around Pinwe

Today's Air Raids...
Misburg, Altenbecken, Hamm and targets of opportunity in Germany by US 8th Air Force
Fulda and Munich, Germany by RAF Bomber Command
Antwerp, Belgium by two V-2 rockets
London by one V-2 rocket
Pagan Island by US 7th Air Force
Negros Island, Mindanao Island, Leyte Island, and throughout central Philippines by US FEAF
Pyinmana station, Burma by RAF aircraft
Panghkai, Kunmong, Mabeil, Lashio, Panku, Meza, Maymyo, and Man Pyen, Burma by US 10th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Shopping
Me Time
Making supper
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 1,840 (no change)
Non-followed Eliminated =2

@OpicUk, +1 unknown
Unfollowers Eliminated = 0

New Followers followed back = 2

@kylehutchins,@HenryAnson1
Spammers not followed back = 0
 
  


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Today I turn 52 and it's time for some brief reflection. The best thing about where I have got to is having what I want, doing what I want and fully understanding who and what I am. I also know what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. 

A paradox of this life experience is that the more unpleasant life-experiences have led me to the wisdom I currently enjoy. From the viewpoint of this character, he would rather have lived in blissful ignorance than endured what I have: growing up in a dysfunctional family, bullied, left bereft of good guidance, self-sabotaged by my own weaknesses, seeing my wife become psychotic and my Daughter a highly insecure narcissistic monster. 

But my character is not who I truly am - I am the universe experiencing itself from a specific point, and I wish to know myself. All the previous experience served to awaken that understanding. To deepen it requires consciousness to detach from this character, allowing it to run itself intuitively, and simply learn and record for other parts of my consciousness, themselves manifesting as characters, to subsequently build on, as I have built on the learning of others. 

The great breakthrough I have made is to realize that as both character and True Self, bliss is not the absence of challenges, but the peace of mind that comes from knowing who you truly are, and that within yourself you have everything you need. 

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Will you die at peace knowing you made the best of your life?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Heavy rain at first will ease in the afternoon and turn to fog in the evening
A north-westerly breeze will blow throughout
Max Temp = 6 degC
Min Temp = 5 degC
Sunrise at 07:53
Sunset at 15:55

Weathertrack: A depression over the English Channel will move east, dissipate and merge with a larger depression forming off Portugal.  
Air Pressure: 1015 millibars and falling

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
An unemployed jester is nobody's fool. :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY! 
Have I Got News For You (Series 36): Webisode 4 - BBC One

8. TRIVIA
10% of the world's known diabetics are Americans

9. ZEN WISDOM
Friendship is the most genuinely humane relationship of which we are capable. To be understood and appreciated for oneself is a vital experience in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment