Saturday 19 April 2014

EASTER DAY, 20th APRIL 2014 06:41 BST

NEW BOOK AVAILABLE NOW!! - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE BITE-SIZED WISDOM, CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (20th April 1944)
In the Soviet Union...
The United States gifts the USN cruiser Milwaukee to the Soviet Union, and it is re-named Murmansk

In the North Sea...
Kriegsmarine mine vessel Sperrbrecher-102 is sunk by patrolling Allied aircraft

In the Mediterranean...
Thirty-seven Kriegsmarine manned torpedoes are launched off Anzio, all unsuccessful 
Allied convoy UGS38 is attacked by the Luftwaffe off Gibraltar - three cargo ships and a destroyer are sunk, three other cargo ships damaged

In China...
Operation Ko-Go (Peking-Hankow Operation): Japanese 12th Army advances around Pawangchen, Yencheng, Ssushui, and Mihsien 

In Burma...
Chinese 38th Infantry Division advances down the Mogaung valley

In India...
British 6th Infantry Brigade takes over defence of Kohima 
Japanese forces attack around Shenam Pass southeast of Imphal 
Indian 17th Infantry Division engaged with Japanese 33rd Infantry Division around Bishenpur and Khoirok southwest of Imphal

Today's Air Raids...
Cologne, Germany by RAF Bomber Command
Ottignies, Belgium by RAF Bomber Command
Northern France V-Weapons sites, airfields and military targets by massed Allied aircraft
La Chappelle and Lens, France by RAF Bomber Command
English Channel minelaying by RAF Bomber Command
Hull, England by the Luftwaffe
Florence, Leghorn and military targets in Italy by US 12th Air Force
Northern Italy military targets by US 15th Air Force
Wake Island, Jaluit Atoll and Maloelap Atoll by US 7th Air Force
Wolelai Atoll by US 13th Air Force
Rabaul and military targets on New Britain by US 13th Air Force
Noemfoor Island and military targets in New Guinea by US 5th Air Force
Imphal, India on Japanese positions by US 10th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Ironing
Meditation/Me Time
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 1,737 (down 2)
Nonfollowed eliminated = 2

@JohnLennonPosts, @TBeatlesWorld
Unfollowers eliminated = 0
New followers = 0


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
A slightly modified routine with Missus attending the Christian Sunrise service accompanied by Son (his motives don't seem clear even to him) then later returning for sleep either side of lunch. This all suits me just fine as they will now do the milk run, meaning I can just blog then iron in peace.

A smooth shift at the Weekend Job reminded me how much the turn of events is affected by who turns up when in your life. The lesson I have learned is simply to respond in the best way to the situation you encounter. An unfortunate UNwanted feature of my mind is to brood on perceived injustices of the past and imagine extreme dark scenarios of alternative responses. When I snap out of it, I realize that the choices I actually made and the things I didn't do were for the best.

I would like to think it's my own mental disciplines that save me from following through on my extremely dark thoughts, but the reality is it's having loved ones counting on me that rein in my darkness. However, my disciplines do certainly help by enabling me to snap back to the moment faster than I otherwise would.

My ultimate aim is to have a mind so silent that dark thoughts do not have the opportunity to take root. I am working on this every day by the discipline of grounding.

4. TODAY IN MY LIFE
In what ways are you developing yourself?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry and cloudy throughout, with sunny intervals
A moderate north-easterly will blow throughout
Max Temp = 12 degC
Min Temp = 5 degC
Sunrise at 05:56
Sunset at 20:17

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
Is there another word for synonym? :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!  
Kevin Bridges on football and Danny Dyer

8. TRIVIA
Over 35 million people worldwide are currently infected with HIV

9. ZEN WISDOM
Failure is an instrumental part of every success. Whether our life has been a triumph or tragedy can only be judged at its very end.


     

No comments:

Post a Comment