Sunday 9 February 2014

SUNDAY 9th FEBRUARY 2014 14:23 GMT

NEW BOOK AVAILABLE NOW!! - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE BITE-SIZED WISDOM, CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (9th February 1944)

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Ironing
"Emergency" Shopping
Lunch
Meditation/Me Time
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 1,709 (up 1)
Nonfollowed eliminated = 0

Unfollowers eliminated = 0

New followers = 1
@adrianosa

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
My character has one glaring raw nerve which I understand intimately but is hard even for me to accurately describe in words. It is when there are unexpected unwanted results from the actions of either myself or others. If I can see it coming, or if it is genuinely catastrophic, I am fine, but smaller unexpected stuff can flood my being with thick red mist.

My training doesn't have a counter-response to this reaction, at least not immediately. It comes on too fast and too strong for any counter-response to neutralize it. Everybody had better just back away - the werewolf comes! However, what my training has done is greatly shortened the duration. So long as I get time and space away from the stimulus, I can recover composure within the hour.

The latest episode was caused my leaving my reading glasses at the Weekend Job - no one's fault but my own of course, but the frustration that resulted turned me into a beast for a while. Fortunately no harm was done and I got some exercise obtaining a new pair and spare both of which enable me to see print from up to 3 feet away! 

I will consequently leave the pair at the Weekend Job and use these new ones at home. Losing my 20/20 vision is the hardest thing to accept so far about ageing, but I am thankful for ready access to the tools of compensation.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you aware of your "raw nerves and what to do about them?



5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Blustery showers will finally clear by dusk.
Increasingly clear overnight
A strong south-westerly will ease and turn southerly overnight
Max Temp = 5 degC
Min Temp = 1 degC
Sunrise at 07:39
Sunset at 17;04

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
Small children are basically young drunks - they stagger everywhere, are super-clumsy and argue the toss about everything just BY using the word NO

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!   
Frankie Boyle on Science : D   

8. TRIVIA
The Hollywood star who played the most leading roles in feature films was John Wayne (1907-1979), who appeared in 153 movies. The star with the most screen credits is John Carradine (1906-1988), who has been in over 230 movies. 

9. ZEN WISDOM
People must not hesitate to exert their all, in a way true to themselves. How can you possibly ever know how far or fast you can go if you’ve never run all-out? 
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment