Monday 20 January 2014

TUESDAY 21st JANUARY 2014 06:08 GMT

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE BITE-SIZED WISDOM, CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (21st January 1944)
On the Russian Front...
Soviet 8th Army captures Mga

Over Germany...
German Night-Fighter aces Wittgenstein and Meurer are killed in combat 

In London...
Eisenhower conducts his first planning session for Operation Overlord
Air Marshal Arthur Coningham takes command of RAF 2nd Tactical Air Force 

In Italy...
II Corps of US 5th Army attack across the Rapido River against strong opposition 
German 10th Army attack US 5th Army's bridgehead across the Garigliano River   
Allied invasion forces sail from Naples bound for Anzio 

In the Pacific...
Japanese vessels Ikoma Maru and Yasukuni Maru are sunk by USN submarine Seahorse  

In New Guinea...
Australian 5th Infantry Division completes the relief of the 9th Infantry Division in the Huon peninsula
In the Dumpu-Bogadjim sector, Australian 18th Infantry Brigade attack the Japanese 78th Infantry Regiment on Shaggy Ridge  

In Burma...
Elements of Chinese 38th Infantry Division reach Ningru Ga
Indian 114th Infantry Brigade advance toward Dabrugyaung east of the Kalapanzin River 

In the Indian Ocean...
Japanese vessel No. 67 Daigen Maru is sunk by RN submarine Tally Ho 

Today's Air Raids...
Magdeburg and Berlin, Germany by RAF Bomber Command
V-Weapons Sites, Northern France by US 8th & 9th Air Forces, RAF 2nd Tactical Air Force and RAF Bomber Command
Salon de Provence and Istres le Tube airfields, France by US 15th Air Force
London by the Luftwaffe
Viterbo, Pontecorvo, Atina, and military targets in Southern Italy by US 12th Air Force
Pisa, Rimini, and military targets in Northern Italy by US 15th Air Force 
Paramushiru Island by USN PBY and PV bombers
Arno Atoll, Jaluit Atoll, and Mille Atoll by US 7th Air Force 
Kahili and Kara, Bougainville Island by US 13th Air Force
Madang, Saidor and military targets in New Guinea by US 5th Air Force
Borpop, New Ireland by US 13th Air Force
Waingapoe, Sumatra by US 5th Air Force
Loilaw, Budagon, Kamaing and military targets in Burma by US 10th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Me Time
Ironing
Online promotional work
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 1,699 (down 2)
Nonfollowed eliminated = 1

Unfollowers eliminated = 1

@Mustardcrumbles
New followers = 0
 


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Another day in paradise for me! When I was younger my idea of paradise was more standard - a villa in the Bahamas perhaps. However paradise for me has turned out to be living quietly under the radar of general attention apart from a few hundred casual online followers of my wisdom, in my house where I'm loved by the other two people in it, and I get to do what I enjoy for most of the time. 

For all this I am profoundly grateful. I shall savour every single moment. However I know that all things are temporary, so I do not emotionally "grasp" anything, and simply let life pass through my consciousness.

Though I have no wish for worldwide fame, I still need to be well-known enough that people know where to find me and how I can help them, so I will need to put in the time to raise my profile. With few distractions, I fully expect to do so over the next couple of months.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
What are you doing to bring yourself nearer to achieving your goals?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
A cold, dry and foggy start
Fog will lift by late morning to give a window of dry cloudy weather.
Rain arrives by early evening which will turn heavy and persist right through the night
After a negligible start, a moderate and consistent south-easterly will pick up
Max Temp = 3 degC
Min Temp = 0 degC
Sunrise at 08:10
Sunset at 16:27

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
Tonight's menu comes with a vegetarian option - you can piss off! : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY! 
Have I Got News For You - Webisode 5

8. TRIVIA
One suicide victim who committed suicide by jumping from the Golden Gate Bridge left behind a note saying: “I’m going to walk to the bridge. If one person smiles at me on the way, I will not jump.”

9. ZEN WISDOM
Keep moving forward, even one or two steps, in your own way. Those who live out their lives to the fullest, unperturbed by the noisy clamor around them, are the true winners.    

No comments:

Post a Comment