Saturday 4 January 2014

SATURDAY 4th JANUARY 2014 08:32 GMT

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE BITE-SIZED WISDOM, CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (4th January 1944)
On the Russian Front...
Soviet 27th Army captures Belaya Tserkov
Soviet 60th Army advances toward Rovno
Soviet forces reach the old Polish border

In the Black Sea...
Soviet submarine M-36 is sunk by mine 

In Germany...
Hitler and Manstein hold a contentious meeting in the course of which the Fuhrer refuses to appoint a commander-in-chief for the Russian Front. Hitler then meets with Speer, Milch, and Sauckel regarding manpower issues. Consequently, children of school age are mobilized for war effort

In Italy...
1st Special Service Force attack around Monte Majo in US 5th Army sector 
British units of US 5th Army establish a bridgehead over the Peccia River 

In the Atlantic...
German blockade runner Rio Grande sunk by scuttling charges and gunfire from USN cruiser Omaha and destroyer Jouett

In the Pacific...
Aircraft from carriers Bunker Hill and Monterey of USN Task Group 37.2 attack Japanese convoy off Kavieng on New Ireland. Japanese destroyers Fumizuki and Satsuki are damaged

Japanese vessel Usa Maru is sunk by USN submarine Tautog

US 7th Marine Regiment at Cape Gloucester on New Britain attacks across Suicide Creek

Japanese vessel Hakku Maru sunk by USN submarine Bluefish
Japanese vessel No. 8 Tamon Maru sunk by USN submarine Cabrilla

USN submarine Rasher conducts minelaying operations off Indochina

In New Guinea...
Remnants of Japanese 20th Infantry Division and 51st Infantry Division are ordered to abandon delaying tactics and withdraw from the Huon peninsula and proceed directly to Madang

Today's Air Raids...          
Kiel and Munster, Germany by US 8th Air Force
Berlin by RAF Bomber Command
Northern France on V-weapons sites by combined Allied Air Forces
Bay Of Biscay minelaying by RAF Bomber Command
Sofia, Bulgaria by US 12th Air Force
Brodac and Travnik, Yugoslavia by US 15th Air Force
Italy on the German front line by US 12th Air Force
Tarawa Atoll, Makin Atoll and Abemama Atoll by Japanese aircraft
Jaluit Atoll by US 7th Air Force, including minelaying offshore
Bougainville Island on military targets by US 13th Air Force
Alexishafen, Madang and military targets in New Guinea by US 5th Air Force
Cape Gloucester, New Britain by US 5th Air Force
Rabaul, New Britain by US 13th Air Force and RAAF
Timor Island by US 5th Air Force and RAAF - Japanese vessel Heimei Maru is sunk in Tenau harbour

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Missus Encounter
Blogging/Me Time
Shift 2 of the Weekend job
TV Footie with Missus

Twitter Followers = 1,700 (no change)
Nonfollowed eliminated = 0

Unfollowers eliminated = 0

New followers = 0


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Considering what an unhealthy default my mindset is, and the dysfunctional circumstances I was raised in, and the various traumas experienced, I have allowed myself some self-congratulations at getting to this rather cosy point in time. But I'm not complacent. 

I don't need reminding of my vulnerability, not only to external events but equally to the darkness in myself. My default nature to overreact or react inappropriately to events, coupled with bad memories, means I am quite capable of traumatizing myself just by letting my mind wander!

All this of course, if you survive as I have, is excellent training for a therapist. I have first hand experience of issues and the means to treat them. But it's gone further than that and led to Enlightenment. To stay a sane, rational being, I require powers of concentration and focus way above the average. Whilst in waking mode I am constantly working mentally hard reigning in my attention. 

Within my grasp is the ability to keep continually focused on the moment. When I finally reach that point, I will reach "Heaven before I die" - perpetual bliss unaffected by circumstances. The mental fitness needed for this is very high indeed and needs continual effort. I am currently searching for the "perfect mantra", a phrase that taps in to my emotions and snaps me instantly back to the present in all circumstances. The current candidate being tried out is "come home". 

If I can firmly associate the "safe place" as the moment, my spiritual goal is as good as achieved! I am close! Already able to achieve peace of mind for half my waking hours, I can already smell victory!

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Where is peace of mind?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Mainly dry and cloudy, but there may be light showers in the later morning
A light south-easterly will swing south-westerly after dusk and strengthen slightly
Max Temp = 5 degC
Min Temp = 2 degC
Sunrise at 08:24
Sunset at 16:00

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
It turns out my masseuse is a prostitute, but instead of being shocked, I was relieved : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
QI: The Great Disappointment  

8. TRIVIA
The last two decades of the twentieth century were the hottest decades in more than 400 years and may have been the hottest decades for several thousand years.



9. ZEN WISDOM
Suffering is the fuel of wisdom, and it opens the way to happiness. Through illness, human beings can gain insight into the meaning of life, understand its value and dignity, and strive to lead more fulfilling lives.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment