Wednesday 27 November 2013

THURSDAY 28th NOVEMBER 2013 06:01 GMT

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE BITE-SIZED WISDOM, CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (28th November 1943)
In Italy...
British 8th Army launches a major offensive to cross the Sangro River 

In Iran...
Opening of the Tehran conference with Churchill, Roosevelt, and Stalin

In the Mediterranean...
RN cruiser Birmingham is damaged by U-407 

In the Atlantic...
U-542 is sunk by RAF aircraft 

In Bogota, Columbia...
The Colombian government declares war on Germany

In the Pacific...
Japanese vessel Yamafuku Maru is sunk by USN submarine Snook 
Japanese vessels Hokko Maru and Yuri Maru are sunk by USN submarine Raton 

Tarawa Atoll is secured by American forces.

Japanese vessels Sydney Maru and Yonan Maru are sunk by USN submarine Bowfin off the Philippines

In New Guinea...
Australian patrols enter Gusika 

In China...
Heavy fighting around Changte 

Today's Air Raids...
Northern France Fighter patrols by RAF 2nd Tactical Air Force
Bay of Biscay RAF patrols
Italy on the German front line by US 12th Air Force
Nauru Island by US 7th Air Force
Boram, Wewak and Finschhafen, New Guinea by US 5th Air Force
Rangoon, Burma by US 10th Air Force and RAF

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging/Bookwriting
Housework
Quality Missus Time


Twitter Followers = 1,701 (down 1)
Nonfollowed eliminated = 1
Unfollowers eliminated = 1

@EstateAgentsMrH
New followers =1

@HameltonFan

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I occasionally get what I call "semi-insomnia" - I go to bed and fall asleep easily enough but then wake up halfway through the night either needing a wee or very occasionally horny - or both! When I've then relieved myself as required, I then feel thirsty and never return to bed. 

I don't really see this as a problem - my body clock seems to ultimately rebalance itself and I make use of the time to get in front with blogging. It is with a combination of amusement and frustration however that while spontaneous daytime erections are a thing of the past, a demanding boner still occasionally occurs at around 3am! It may be due to a disruption in my sexual rhythm. I'm a great believer in an orgasm a day to maintain wellbeing, even though in my case it requires work. Yesterday however I just couldn't be arsed, and the consequence seems to be a 3am boner.

All this I ultimately attribute to the process of ageing, which has also robbed me of my ability to read without glasses. Ageing, which effectively means slowly dying, doesn't bother me any longer since I realized that there isn't really a "me" in the first place - there is only consciousness changing form, but "me" is a good focal point to observe, marvel and enjoy.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Have you come to terms with the brief, fragile and temporary nature of life?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry, cool and cloudy throughout, with a consistent light westerly wind
Max Temp = 7 degC
Min Temp = 6 degC
Sunrise at 07:56
Sunset at 15:53

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
You know you're in Essex because the Ann Summers shops have a "Back To School" section : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY! 
Mock The Week - David Mitchell on Princess Diana

8. TRIVIA
On average, Egypt gets one inch of rain per year

9. ZEN WISDOM
Peace is not found somewhere far away. Peace is found where there is caring. Peace is found when you bring joy to your mother instead of suffering. Peace is found when you reach out and make an effort to understand and embrace someone who is different from you.





  

No comments:

Post a Comment