Saturday 9 November 2013

SUNDAY 10th NOVEMBER 2013 06:28 GMT

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE BITE-SIZED WISDOM, CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (10th November 1943)
On the Russian Front...

Soviet Byelorussian Front launches new offensive against German Army Group Center
Soviet paratroopers land across the Dniepr near Cherkassy 

In the Aegean Sea...
Italian vessel Trapani is sunk by RN submarine Simoom 
Three Allied destroyers bombard Calino Island overnight
RN destroyer Faulknor bombards Kos Island overnight

In Italy...
US 5th Army captures hills between Pozzilli and Filignano
The Allied Control Commission is formed for rebuilding and utilizing the Italian economy

In the Atlantic...
U-966 is sunk by USN and RAF aircraft in the Bay of Biscay

In the Pacific...
US Marines continue attacking the Japanese 23rd Infantry Regiment on Bougainville Island 

Japanese vessel Tokyo Maru is damaged by USN submarine Scamp and subsequently sinks under tow


In China...  
Changte Operation: 68th Infantry Division of Japanese 11th Army captures An-hsiang (Anshang)

In the Indian Ocean...
Japanese vessel Kisogawa Maru is sunk by RN submarine HMS Tally Ho  
British vessel Sambo is sunk by IJN submarine I-27 

Today's Air Raids...
Chievres, Belgium by US 9th Air Force
Mimoyecques long-range gun site and military targets in France by RAF 2nd Tactical Air Force
Modane, France by RAF Bomber Command
Split, Yugoslavia by US 12th Air Force
Durazzo, Albania by US 12th Air Force
Villaperosa and Bolzano, Italy by US 15th Air Force
Ballale Island Airfield by US 13th Air Force
Kara Airfield, Bougainville Island by US 13th Air Force
Alexishafen, New Guinea by US 5th Air Force
Rabaul. New Britain by US 5th Air Force and RAAF

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging/Me Time
The Milk Run
Online promotional work
Quality Missus Time
Lunch
Meditation/Bookwriting
Missus Time


Twitter Followers = 1,696 (no change)
Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
Unfollowers eliminated = 0

New followers = 0
 
3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION

Yesterday was another day where I experienced my mood having a life of its' own. I began the day still fuming from a minor altercation with a manager on the Weekend Job the day before. My mood remained very dark until around tea time when it started to lift, and by the end of the shift, it had risen to be sunny! With a benign 2nd shift, mood simply recovered on its own.

Throughout this, my behaviour was, thankfully, well-managed, and most importantly nothing was inflicted on the innocent. All this led to much reflection on the way home. I concluded that my mood, heavily influenced by circumstances, was not in my control, but my behaviour was, so long as raw nerves were not continually trod on, and given a benign environment, I can soon recover from being upset.

If my Practice were successful enough to be self-supporting and I could quit the Weekend Job, I would be in total control of my environment and life would be just continual bliss! I have purged my personal life of toxic relationships and consequently flourish at home. As it currently is, my life is mainly bliss with the odd blip, coming mainly from the Weekend Job. Such grief as I get, not being continual, does not overwhelm me.

I would conclude that I need to work hard to make my Practice a success as that is the key to maintaining a healthy environment in which my character can thrive. At the same time, I must set time aside to raise my awareness to Higher Consciousness so that I can simply observe/experience my character rather than be lost in it.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
What does your ideal environment look like? 

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry, sunny and cold all day
Clear and cold in the evening and overnight
Heavy rain arriving in the small hours of Monday morning
A cold moderate north-westerly will gradually ease to negligible by mid-afternoon
A southerly but still cold wind will pick up after midnight
Max Temp = 5 degC
Min Temp = 0 degC
Sunrise at 07:24
Sunset at 16:17

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
The Eurovision Song Contest - the Paralympics of music : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Mock The Week Series 12 Out-Takes 

8. TRIVIA
A dolphin can produce whistles for communication and clicks for sonar at the same time, which would be like a human speaking in two voices, with two different pitches, holding two different conversations.

9. ZEN WISDOM
Friendship is the most genuinely humane relationship of which we are capable. To be understood and appreciated for oneself is a vital experience in life.   
       

No comments:

Post a Comment