Sunday 20 October 2013

MOMNDAY 21st OCTOBER 2013 07:07 BST

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (21st October 1943)
In Moscow...
Second Moscow Conference continues with Allied foreign ministers Molotov, Eden, and Hull

In the Mediterranean...
The Luftwaffe attack an Allied convoy off Algeria. US vessel Tivives and British vessel Saltwick are sunk.
Admiral John Cunningham succeeds Admiral Andrew Cunningham commanding RN forces in the Mediterranean.

In the Atlantic...
USN destroyer Murphy is accidentally cut in half by US vessel Bulkoil 
U-431 is sunk by RAF aircraft 

In the Pacific...
IJN cruisers Kiso and Tama are damaged by RAAF aircraft

Japanese vessel No. 11 Chofoku Maru is sunk by a mine 

In Tokyo...
Japan formally declares the independence of the Philippines and formally recognizes the Indian Independence League as the provisional government of Free India, with Subhas Chandra Bose as its leader, temporarily based in Singapore.  


In New Guinea...
Japanese counterattacks slacken against Australian 9th Infantry Division in Finschhafen sector 

In Portuguese India...
Japanese vessel Teia Maru departs Mormugao for Japan with 1500 exchanged internees

Today's Air Raids...
Netherlands and Northern France RAF Fighter patrols
Skopje, Yugoslavia by US 12th Air Force
Albania military targets by US 12th Air Force
Kara, Bougainville Island by US 13th Air Force
Sattelberg, New Guinea by US 5th Air Force
Gasamata, New Britain by US 5th Air Force
Kunlong, China by US 14th Air Force
Nawlang, Burma by US 14th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Housework
Miscellaneous online stuff
De-flea cats
Client Prep, Session and follow-up
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 1,686 (down 1)
Nonfollowed eliminated = 1
Unfollowers eliminated = 0

New Followers = 0
 


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I'm pretty good with serious setbacks, but I am unfortunately vulnerable to a string of petty ones. This usually ends with me "losing it" over one petty setback too many, which yesterday was Missus informing me of the discovery of a cat flea and that the flea treatment stuff is out of date.

Losing it with the Missus is like kicking a puppy. Fortunately, Missus has many years of experience dealing with my issues and simply phoned me from church wanting to be friends. I had the humbling experience of the Carer being helped by the patient. This is no bad thing - I was reminded that the marriage continues as much through Missus' determination as my sense of duty. It is not a provider/dependent relationship but a thoroughly interdependent one. 

The red mist rapidly dissipated, blue tablet was taken and, on her return, "mutual physical fulfilment" was particularly intense - I was genuinely horny, the first time for years I was really wanting it rather than having health and wellbeing motives. I am not really sure where this came from! In any event, bliss and harmony was restored.

I guess that if I was "super-grounded", i.e. my focus was always in the right place, I would never "lose it" at all, but maybe I would then actually lose something. My vulnerability, the fact that I can be broken, enables me to connect with others. Since connecting to others is an essential skill to fulfil my life-purpose of making a difference, maybe robust rather than invincible is the best way to be.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Do you have a wholesome honesty with yourself?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry and cloudy at first. Heavy rain will arrive mid-morning.
Rain will clear by mid afternoon, and a dry cloudy spell will follow.
There will be showers overnight and heavy rain returns tomorrow morning.
A mild and moderate southerly wind will blow throughout
Max Temp = 15 degC
Min Temp = 11 degC
Sunrise at 07:45
Sunset at 17:57

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I like drinking brake fluid, but I can stop at any time : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!  
QI: Jeremy Clarkson discusses Arctic food

8. TRIVIA
While liver is often praised as an iron-rich food, it is also high in cholesterol. Three ounces of cooked liver contains 331 mg. of cholesterol.

9. ZEN WISDOM
Courage and compassion are two sides of the same coin. Compassion without courage is not genuine. You cannot care yet do nothing because of fear.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment