Wednesday 21 August 2013

WEDNESDAY 21st AUGUST 2013 09:10 BST

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (21st August 1943)
On the Russian Front...
Soviet Voronezh Front and Steppe Front continue attacking in and around Kharkov
Soviet South Front continues its offensive in the Mius sector

In the Mediterranean...
U-596 sinks three Allied freighters

In Washington DC...
Andrei Gromyko replaces Maxim Litvinov as Soviet ambassador to the United States.

In Australia...
The Labour Party under John Curtin is re-elected in a landslide victory in the General Election.

Today's Air Raids...
Northern France Allied Fighter patrols
Italy military targets by USAAF
New Guinea military targets by US 5th Air Force
Pobelaa, Celebes Island by US 5th Air Force
Hankow, China by US 14th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging/Bookwriting
Gardening
Son Time
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 1,664 (up 1)
Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
Unfollowers eliminated = 0

New Followers = 1
 

@barker_serina

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
The thing in my life of which I am most proud is my relationship with my Son - it is as successful as my relationship with Daughter has been disastrous. Last night we just sat up and talked for hours on end, as mates would do. How things have turned out up to this point I could not possibly have predicted.

My experience of life is that whether you are hero or villain to people is only partly to do with your own actions and is equally to do with what's going on in other people's heads. Consequently, how you are perceived is as much to do with them as it is you. I think that the best way to respond to this reality is to cultivate and nurture the relationships that work and simply leave behind those that aren't.

In my life, I have two relationships, with Missus and Son, that are spectacularly successful. Beyond this inner core are people for whom I am not a priority but enjoy my company to varying degrees or are interested in what I have to say. I am content to let my light shine in these two inner rings, making a difference my way.

At this point in my life, I find myself quietly getting on with the business of being comfortable and happy living under the radar of most others, making a positive difference to a few.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
What does happiness look like to you?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD   
Dry mild and cloudy most of the day and overnight
Chance of an isolated shower in the evening.
A moderate south-westerly breeze will peter out overnight
Max Temp = 18 degC
Min Temp = 14 degC
Sunrise at 05:55
Sunset at 20:24

6. TODAY'S ONELINER 
The main difference between men and women is how they use a box of tissues when they watch a film on their own : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY! 
Marcus Brigstock on Corduroy, Brighton, Norwich in-breeding, slags in limos, congestion charges, computer games, tough kids meeting paedophiles and adverts   Most excellent, highly recommended!

8. TRIVIA
On average, women go through the menopause at 51 years and 4 months of age.   

9. ZEN WISDOM 
Hope only dies when you decide it is hopeless 

No comments:

Post a Comment