Wednesday 21 August 2013

THURSDAY 22nd AUGUST 2013 05:43 BST

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (22nd August 1943)
On the Russian Front...
Soviet Voronezh Front and Steppe Front attacking in and around Kharkov. Ignoring Hitler's orders, General Manstein orders Army Group South to abandon Kharkov.

Soviet South Front forces German 6th Army to retreat.

In Yugoslavia...
First US liaison officer arrives at Tito's partisan headquarters 

In the Mediterranean...
Kriegsmarine torpedo boat TA-12 damaged by RN destroyer Eclipse off Rhodes, run aground, and subsequently destroyed in the Aegean Sea

U-458 is sunk off Pantelleria by Allied warships 

In the Pacific...
American forces finally discover that Kiska Island has been abandoned by the Japanese.

Japanese vessel Ryokai Maru is sunk by USN submarine Plunger 
Nishiyama Maru is sunk by USN submarine Swordfish 
Kaisho Maru is sunk by USN submarine Tullibee

USMC 2nd Airdrome Battalion lands on Nukufetau Atoll to start constructing an airfield.

Today's Air Raids...
Leverkusen and Hamburg, Germany by RAF Bomber Command
Northern France RAF Fighter patrols
Beaumont-le-Roger Airfield, France by US 8th Air Force
North Sea Minelaying by RAF Bomber Command
Italy Salerno and military targets by USAAF
Wewak, New Guinea by US 5th Air Force
Dili, Timor Island by US 5th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Missus Time
Shopping
Missus Time/Lunch
Meditation/Me Time
Missus Time thereafter

Twitter Followers = 1,664 (no change)
Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
Unfollowers eliminated = 0

New Followers = 0


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
In an occurrence of synchronicity, both Son and I found it hard to generate some online attention. I am waiting for ALL FOUR proof-readers to come back with a review of the first chapter of my new book and online readership was low yesterday, whilst son found himself ignored online by his "friends". While my morale is more robust, Son has had his self-confidence considerably undermined.

I know exactly what he is going through - I have been there. Loneliness is a crushing feeling. Though it's been a long time since I have felt it, I will never forget it. Unfortunately I cannot go through it for him. At least he has a father who understands behind him. I know that it will pass and that it will make him a wiser and more appreciative person in the long run. In the meantime there is nothing I can say to comfort him, so it's a case of keeping a silent watchful eye.

These days I am fulfilled and self-loving, so do not need the reassurance of social adoration, although I do enjoy the utter adoration of Missus. My external focus is on making a difference where opportunities arise, be that with clients or sharing my wisdom online. I am now fully at peace with my benignly sociopathic nature, probably because ultimately I see myself as the universe made conscious - the character I play is merely my observation platform - in truth I am everything and everything is me.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
To what extent does your belief about yourself affect how you feel?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry and cloudy all day - slight risk of a shower any time.
Clear with cloudy spells overnight
Wind negligible in the morning.
A southerly breeze will pick up after noon.
Max Temp = 20 degC
Min Temp = 15 degC
Sunrise at 05:57
Sunset at 20:22

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
What do you call a Spaniard who has his car stolen? Carlos : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!  
Chris James on being being black with an English accent

8.TRIVIA
A few centuries ago, the ladies of England and France would rub their own urine into their skin to give it a fresh glow, caused by the urea in it (chemical formula NH2CONH2). In modern times, most beauty creams contain urea.

9. ZEN WISDOM
Iron, when heated and pounded, becomes a fine sword. Likewise, our true strength and potential cannot be forged without hardships.      

No comments:

Post a Comment