Friday 19 July 2013

FRIDAY 19th JULY 2013 09:27 BST

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (19th July 1943)
In the Arctic...
German vessel Alane sunk by Soviet submarine S-56

On the Russian Front...
Soviet armies continue attacking German 9th Army in the Orel sector
Luftwaffe aircraft conduct major tank-busting operations in the Orel sector

In the Black Sea...
Kriegsmarine minesweeper R-33 sunk by Soviet aircraft at Yalta

In Italy...
Hitler meets with Mussolini to call for a greater war effort from Italy

In Sicily...
British 8th Army push toward Paterno and Catania
US 7th Army advances rapidly toward Palermo against minimal resistance
Allied warships bombard Catania

In the Mediterranean...
Italian vessels conduct minelaying operations in the Gulf of Naples
Italian vessel Angiola Maria C. sunk by RN submarine Sickle

In the Atlantic...
U-513 sunk by USN aircraft off Brazil
In the Pacific...
Japanese vessel No. 20 Mikage Maru sunk by USN submarine Porpoise off Wake Island

Today's Air Raids...
Northern France RAF Fighter patrols
Rome by combined Allied Air Forces
Ciampino, Italy by USAAF
Bairoko, New Georgia Island by US aircraft
Shweli, Burma by US aircraft

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Bath
Ironing
Shift 1 of the Weekend Job
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 1,669 (no change)
Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
Unfollowers eliminated = 0


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
A happy time, I have concluded, does not mean the absence of darkness. I subscribe to the Yin-Yang principle that even in the heart of light there is darkness, and similarly there's always some light in darkness.

The Summer of 2013 is proving to be a pinnacle of happiness in my life, even though there is plenty of negativity to focus on, if I so chose. The basis of my happiness is what I call the "bubble of joy" - my home life, where I am important, loved and respected, with an abundance of comforts to entertain me.

There are two pitfalls I intend to avoid. The first is to let fear of losing it undermine it, creep into my behaviour and lead to a self-fulfilling prophecy, destroying it myself prematurely. The second is to drift into naive notions of "happy ever after" then be shocked when, like all things, it passes. Though I am very much enjoying my current circumstances, I have learned that it is not circumstances but your response to them that makes for a fulfilling life. When this "age" passes, I will simply express gratitude to have experienced it and turn to the next challenge.

The negativity that remains, which comes mainly in the form of a number of disappointments, I have learned to deal with by lettng go. Using the principle of being grounded in the moment, I ask RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW, IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO? If my intuition returns the answer NO then it's time to let it go, have some form of ritualized GOODBYE then focus on that which is do-able.

4. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Is there something you need to embrace - or let go of?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry, warm and sunny.
Clear overnight
A consistent north-easterly breeze will arise from mid-morning

Max Temp = 25 degC
Min Temp = 16 degC
Sunrise at 05:00
Sunset at 21:25


6. TODAY'S ONELINER
If a shepherd rounds up his 69 sheep, he'll have 70 : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY
Paul Foot at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival

8. TRIVIA
Nearly 2,000 years ago, a Chinese astronomer named Zhang Heng (A.D. 78-139) invented the world’s first seismograph (earthquake detector). A masterpiece of classical engineering, it worked using a series of balanced balls that responded to tremors and was astonishingly accurate. It could detect earthquakes more than 370 miles (600 km) away and indicate the direction of the epicentre relative to the seismograph. A working model can be seen at the Exhibition Hall of the Museum of Chinese History in Beijing.
 
9. ZEN WISDOM
To be great,one must have the capacity to recognise and appreciate greatness in others






No comments:

Post a Comment