Sunday 16 June 2013

MONDAY 17th JUNE 2013 07:27 BST

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (17th June 1943)
In the Atlantic...
Italian submarine Barbarigo sunk by unknown cause

In the Pacific...
Japanese vessel Myoko Maru sunk by USN submarine Drum north of New Ireland

In China...
US General Jeseph Stilwell confers with Chinese president Chiang Kai-shek about the proposals and declarations made at the Allied "Trident" conference.
Battle of Western Hupei (South Yangtze Operation): Chinese 6th War Area recovers Chechiatsui, Shenchingtu, Panchutang, and Michitai

In the Indian Ocean...
Norwegian vessel Ferncastle sunk by German raider Michel

Today's Air Raids...
Belgium US 8th Air Force Fighter patrols
Biscari and Comiso, Sicily by USAAF
New Guinea military targets by USAAF
Boela, Ceram Island by US 5th Air Force
Chiochiang and Nanchang, China by US 14th Air Force
Hanoi, Indochina by US 14th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Bath
Gardening/Housework
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 1,671 (down 1)
Nonfollowed eliminated = 1
Unfollowers eliminated = 0


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Son it would seem does indeed have great potential - the "nice problem to have" being that we must now stump up the cash to develop it! I find myself considering actions I would not dream of if my life was just about me - such as taking overtime at the Weekend Job!

Love is a powerful force in one's life, that takes control while your conciousness simply powerlessly goes along for the ride. Seeing Son's singing talent, it was me alone who took the initiative in finding him a vocal coach and generally I'm thinking about doing sacrificial things without hesitation or question to make things happen for him.

In a completely opposite experience, a "last straw" act by Daughter involving a derogatory post about me on Facebook has prompted me to abandon any option of a reconciliation and sever relations utterly. My relationships by blood, with the notable exception of Son, have sadly all ended in acrimony. However, having cast off all shackles of dogma about duty, I find myself simply shrugging shoulders at being dealt a bad hand. One might argue that if daughter, father, mother and sister have all been estranged, it would suggest it has something to do with me. However, in this case, and after careful self-examination, it's DEFINITELY THEM!!

Evidence in my favour is that these four individuals are also estranged from each other to varying degrees, and my relationship with Son and Missus is positively glorious. I can't therefore be that bad. I have become convinced that if happiness is a central aim of your life, one must ruthlessly purge from it those who bring UNhappiness, whether they are blood relatives or anyone else.

My categorization of relationships has become very clear and sharp. There is the inner circle of two to whom my life is devoted. There are those with whom I have some form of rapport whom I'm willing to assist in non-committal ways, and then there are those in the "outer darkness" whom I am ready to aggressively repel from my borders.  My life so far has been clouded by those who I'm supposed to get on with but don't. In recent years I have become increasingly less tolerant of them until today when in this final act of expulsion, there is zero tolerance of the predator, parasite, unappreciative and self-interested. With relief and a clear resolve I move on to the next chapter.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Have you any painful but necessary decisions to make?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry and cloudy with sunny periods most of the day
The skies will clear completely by mid-evening and stay clear overnight
A light easterly wind will blow throughout
Max Temp = 18 degC
Min Temp = 12 degC
Sunrise at 04:35
Sunset at 21:40

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
How many roads must a man walk down - before he will admit he is lost? : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY
Bill Bailey - Scottish people are from the future

8. TRIVIA
The brain does not have any pain receptors and, consequently, cannot feel pain. Headaches are paused by pain in the blood vessels surrounding the brain.

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"Trust your hunches. They're usually based on facts filed away just below the conscious level." - Dr. Joyce Brothers










No comments:

Post a Comment