Saturday 18 May 2013

SATURDAY 18th MAY 2013 08:56 BST

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (18th May 1943)
In the English Channel...
Kriegsmarine minesweeper M-345 and patrol vessel V-1110 sunk by RAF aircraft

In the Mediterranean...
British vessel Empire Eve sunk by U-414

In Washington DC...
Opening of the United Nations food conference

In the Pacific...
on Attu Island, US 7th Infantry Division regroups for an assault toward Chichagof Harbor.
Japanese vessel Terushima Maru sunk by USN submarine Pollack
US vessel H.M. Storey sunk by IJN submarine I-25

In China...
Battle of Western Hupei (South Yangtze Operation): Second phase of Japanese 11th Army offensive concludes.

Today's Air Raids...
Northern France RAF and US 8th Air Force Fighter Patrols
Abbeville Airfield, France by RAF Bomber Command
Bay of Biscay minelaying by RAF Bomber Command
Trapani, Sicily by RAF Bomber Command
Pantelleria Island on the Italian garrison by USAAF
Kiska Island by US 11th Air Force
Wau, New Guinea by Japanese aircraft
Lorengau, Manus Island by US 5th Air Force
Bismarck Archipelago military targets by US 5th Air Force
Burma military targets by US 10th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Bath
Me Time
Shift 2 of the Weekend Job
Missus Time

  Twitter Followers = 1,649 (up 5)
       Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
       Unfollowers eliminated = 0


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I was somewhat thrown yesterday by having my broadband connection cut without warning or explanation, which shows how dependent on being online I have become. One of my "raw nerves" is being given bad service by companies to whom I pay money. Consequently, borrowing an unreliable backup broadband connection, I launched a one man PR assault on Virgin Media which is still ongoing. I will also, failing a miraculous grovel by Virgin Media, be taking my money and business elsewhere in due course.

However, after the initial frustration and expression of wrath, interestingly the rest of my day went well, particularly at the Weekend Job, where my criteria for a good day were all met, and a pleasant evening with the family ensued.

Daughter has put feelers out that she would like to be contacted on her birthday, which is today. However after the tirade of unpleasantness I got in our last exchange, without a shred of repentance on her part, after much consideration, whilst wishing her all the best, I decided against it and stuck to my principle: no sorry, no relationship. I have found this sound policy has rid my life of joyless unpleasant experiences and given me a strong and satisfying feeling of being in control of the character's destiny.

I feel that through experience I have found the best way to play this character in all areas of it. In order to fulfil the chosen objective of making a positive difference, I need to defend my character from other agendas.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Do you know when to compromise and when to fight?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Heavy rain in the morning will turn to showers in the afternoon
The showers will finally clear away after dark and it will be dry and cloudy overnight.
Wind will be moderate and westerly, easing to negligible by dusk.
Max Temp = 10 degC
Min Temp = 8 degC
Sunrise at 05:01
Sunset at 21:07

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I failed my maths exam so many times I can't count them : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Kiran Deol talks about making children, and questionable auditions. - very good!

8. TRIVIA
The "recreational" two-drug combination that causes the most deaths is alcohol+cocaine

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" - Anais Nin



 


No comments:

Post a Comment