Tuesday 23 April 2013

WEDNESDAY 24th APRIL 2013 06:40 BST

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (24th April 1943)
In the Warsaw Ghetto...
Continued fighting between the SS and Jewish fighters

In France...
First member of the milice killed by the French resistance - the first conflict between Free and Vichy French on French soil.

In the Mediterranean...
Italian vessel Galiola sunk by RN submarine HMS Sahib, which is then itself sunk by Axis warships and aircraft.

In Tunisia...
US II Corps attacking toward Bizerte
British 1st Army attacking toward Tunis

In the Atlantic...
US vessel Santa Catalina sunk by U-129
British vessel Rosenborg sunk by U-386
U-710 sunk by Allied aircraft
USAAF fighters shoot down a Ju-88 on reconaissance over Iceland.

In the Pacific...
Invasion force departs San Francisco bound for Attu Island in the Aleutians
Japanese vessel Kasuga Maru sunk by USN submarine Flying Fish
Australian vessel Koowarra sunk by IJN submarine I-26 off New South Wales
In New Guinea...
Australian 2/7th Battalion attacks Japanese positions around Mubo.

In Burma...
Japanese forces attack the Indian 55th Infantry Brigade around Kanthe in the Arakan.

Today's Air Raids...
Mubo, Biliau, Lae, and Singor, New Guinea by US 5th Air Force
Kendari, Celebes Island by US 5th Air Force
Lingling, China by Japanese 1st Air Brigade, with 44 fighters, claiming four P-40s destroyed against two losses.Namtu, Burma by US 14th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging, some me time, a good soak in the tub
All the housework I didn't do yesterday!
Meditation in the afternoon
Supper with Missus
Off to Son's first gig with new band Skylight

  Twitter Followers = 1,658 (down 2)
     Nonfollowed eliminated = 1
     Unfollowers eliminated = 1

            @DavidRoads

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Oh dear. I spent most of yesterday sat around tired and depressed. Lack of adequate sleep and meditation, and a few minor disappointments that wouldn't normally bother me, took their toll. It's all entirely my own fault, letting my mental maintenance regime slip. Lesson learned.

I got in an hours' meditation, just went with the depression and rested, pottering on the laptop, had a hearty supper, and most importantly, slept 8 hours. I used Reiki techniques to focus on wellbeing, and though I slept lightly, I went straight through except for a 2am wee, and my dreams were light and frothy.

I've lost 24 hours but I'm wiser for the experience and ready to go again.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you looking after mind and body?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Scattered showers before mid-morning.
Dry thereafter and mild, but increasingly overcast
Heavy rain arriving mid-evening will persist right through the night and into tomorrow morning.
Wind will be moderate and south-westerly
Sunrise at 05:47
Sunset at 20:24

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I missed my Indian musical miniature-instrument practice last night because I couldn't find a baby sitar. : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Mrs. Hughes talks about her husband's weird habits and airport security

8. TRIVIA
Sharks instinctively bite anything that moves if they're hungry. Consequently,
weird things that have been found in shark stomachs include shoes, chairs, the rear half of a horse, a box of nails, a torpedo, drums, and bottles of wine.
 
9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"If you can change your mind you can change your life" - William James








No comments:

Post a Comment