Tuesday 9 April 2013

WEDNESDAY 10th APRIL 2013 07:45 BST

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (10th April 1943)
In Salzburg, Germany
Conclusion of the Hitler/Mussolini conference

In the Atlantic...
U-376 sunk by Allied aircraft in the Bay Of Biscay
German blockade runner Irene scuttles when intercepted by RN warship HMS Adventure

In the Mediterranean...
Italian vessels Loredan and Isonzo sunk by RN submarine HMS Safari

In Tunisia...
British 8th Army capture Sfax
9th Corps of British 1st Army pushing toward Kairouan, whilst 5th Corps of attack in the Bedja-Medjez el Bab sector

In Burma...
In the Arakan, Indian 6th Infantry Brigade withdraws to the Dilpara-Kingyaung area overnight.

Today's Air Raids...
Frankfurt, Germany by RAF Bomber Command
Northern France RAF Fighter patrols
Naples, Italy by US 9th Air Force
La Maddalena Harbour, Sardinia by US 9th Air Force - Italian cruiser Trieste and motor torpedo boats MAS-501 and MAS-503 are sunk, cruiser Gorizia damaged.
Enfidaville Tunisia by USAAF
Kiska Island by US 11th Air Force
New Guinea military targets by US 5th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging first thing. Thereafter supporting Missus as she undergoes minor surgery. Some me-time in the later evening.

 Twitter Followers = 1,652 (up 1)
     Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
     Unfollowers eliminated = 1

         @jonathanfun

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
A real drag with Erectile Dysfunction is that you cannot be spontaneous. When Son unexpectedly gave us time alone, we couldn't just "go at it" - Missus had to patiently just wait there while I "warmed up". Of course if she had the appropriate skills, she could have occupied herself warming me up, but she is after all a Schizophrenic who is every virile man's dream - she just wants to "get to it" straight away.

Though I am not a virile man, I have to count blessings as I am not impotent either - once I was warmed up, everything was fine and all bells got rung.

Whilst my mind remains youthful and vigorous, and feels like its in its twenties, the bodily signs of ageing have to be accepted. I am still very mobile if not fantastically fit, and not being an athlete, I am not missing the suppleness of youth. Other signs are more unavoidable - I look Middle-Aged, everything's depressingly sluggish below the waist and my ability to read small-print unaided has vanished.

To my mind, the ageing process is kinda fascinating - a journey of experience. I do miss my virility and 20/20 vision, but neither are truly vital - nothing a pair of reading glasses, a special tablet or a little manipulation can't get round. Of course, ultimately everything must be given up. However my Nondualist perspective has made me fiully accepting of the temporary nature of the Life Experience. I will treasure every opportunity to experience life in all fullness while I still can.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Is there something you want to do while you still can?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry all day with sunny periods
A moderate to light easterly will make it feel cool.
Dry in the evening but heavy rain moving in by the following early morning.
Max Temp = 8 degC
Min Temp = 1 degC
Sunrise at 06:19
Sunset at 19:59

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
An epileptic lettuce goes great in a Seizure Salad : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Mo Mandel on being a Jew in Germany and Jewish women

8. TRIVIA
Karl Ferdinand Graefe (1787-1840) coined the term “plastic surgery” in his 1818 text Rhinoplastik. He also attempted to remove the moral stigma associated with nose reconstruction by giving the procedure a classical name—Rhinoplasty—to make it more similar to other surgical procedures.

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"It's always too early to quit." - Norman Vincent Peale



 



No comments:

Post a Comment