Tuesday 2 April 2013

TUESDAY 2nd APRIL 2013 08:02 BST

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (2nd April 1943)
In Germany...
Compulsory air raid patrol duty is introduced.

In the Mediterranean...
French vessel Simon Duhamel II sunk by U-755
In Tunisia...
US II Corps attack along the Gumtree and Gabes roads

In the Atlantic...
Four Allied vessels are lost to U-Boats

In the Pacific...
Japanese vessel No. 2 Toyo Maru sunk by USN submarine Tunny

In Burma...
In the Arakan, Japanese troops advance around Indin on the Bay of Bengal

Today's Air Raids...
Northern France RAF Fighter patrols
St. Nazaire and L'Orient, France by RAF Bomber Command
Bay Of Biscay minelaying by RAF Bomber Command
Naples, Italy by US 9th Air Force
La Fauconnerie, Tunisia by USAAF
Attu Island by US 11th Air Force
Salamaua, Finschhafen and military targets, New Guinea by US 5th Air Force
Cape Gloucester and Gasmata, New Britain by USAAF
Maungdaw, Burma by Japanese aircraft
Thazi Burma by USAAF
Heho, Burma by the RAF

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging, the milk run, a good soak in the tub in the morning. In the afternoon, with Son going to band practice and away, myself and missus will "play" and have general quality time in the afternoon and evening. I expect to get in some meditation and me time between missus times.

 Twitter Followers = 1,647 (down 1)
   Nonfollowed eliminated = 1
   Unfollowers eliminated = 0


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
With Missus and Son at home this week and next, my life is mainly about blogging and family. I'll be either with them or my laptop! All of my business marketing is online as that is where clients now invariably find me. My latest initiative is a Facebook business page to run alongside my general page. Keeping blogs maintained takes up around three hours per day, but is necessary to keep up the high web traffic to my site, and consequently more business.

With time and distance, my mind is calm once more after the latest Daughter encounter, which had affected me strongly. My training doesn't make me immune from having my buttons pushed, but it does enable me to recover faster. Though painful, my experience of my failed relationships coupled with more successful ones gives me a clearer perspective, makes me a stronger character and a better therapist.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Is your focus on the relationships that failed or the ones that are working?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry, cold and cloudy with sunny periods throughout the day.
Mainly clear skies in the evening.
Wind will be consistently moderate and north-easterly
Max Temp = 4 degC
Min Temp = -1 degC
Sunrise at 06:39
Sunset at 19:44

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
Sometimes I attach bows to myself and call myself "gifted" : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Hayley Boyle on being big, looking like a man and her "secret pocket"

8. TRIVIA
Electronics company Apple, thanks to the continual introduction of new "must have" gadgets, has experienced a meteoric rise in recent years. In 2010 Apple overtook Microsoft in estimated company value. In 2011 it took over from Exxon as the most valuable public company in the world. Its value in company shares alone is estimated to be $622 billion.

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"The secret of getting ahead is getting started." - Sally Berger


 



No comments:

Post a Comment