Monday 22 April 2013

TUESDAY 23rd APRIL 2013 07:02 BST

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (23rd April 1943)
In the Warsaw Ghetto...
Heavy fighting between the SS and Jewish fighters.

In London...
Sir Frederick Morgan is assigned as Chief of Staff in the planning of Operation Overlord, the Allied invasion of France.

In Tunisia...
US II Corps launches an offensive towards Bizerte
British 1st Army attacks towards Tunis.

In the Atlantic...
In a bad day for the Kriegsmarine:
U-602 vanishes, assumed sunk by a mine
U-189 sunk by Allied airdraft
U-191 sunk by British destroyer HMS Hesperus and corvette HMS Clematis

In the Pacific...
IJN Patrol Boat No. 39 sunk by USN submarine Seawolf off Formosa

In Burma...
In the Arakan, General Koga's Japanese columns advancing toward Maungdaw and Buthidaung.

Today's Air Raids...
Arbatax, Italy by USAAF
Betio Island by US 7th Air Force
Funafuti Atoll by Japanese bombers
Finschhafen, New Guinea by US 5th Air Force
Lungling, China by US 14th Air Force Fighters
Mandalay and Shaduzup, Burma by US 14th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Housework day and possibly gardening, weather permitting.
Meditation in the afternoon, a combination of missus time and me time thereafter.

 Twitter Followers = 1,660 (no change)
    Nonfollowed eliminated = 2
    Unfollowers eliminated = 0


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I have been for some time firmly convinced of the beneficial nature of meditation, and that for me, meditation, and plenty of it, is absolutely crucial to my mental health. Unfortunately I occasionally need reminding! It's rather tempting to use the 1 - 2 hours it takes to get other stuff done. I have done this on a few occasions in the last week, including yesterday, and though my behaviour hasn't got so far as to be noticed by others, "wounded inner child" has been screaming in my head.

I had barely been asleep three hours last night when I was awoken by a highly disturbing, upsetting dream. There was nothing for it but to have a wee and go back to bed. Though I can't remember it, the subsequent dream must have been better.

Like a diabetic is always a diabetic, I am unfortunately a sociopath by default, and a rigorous regime is required to manage it, particularly meditation, which generates hormones that restore mental as well as physical balance, damps down the tendency to overthink and keeps focus sharp.

The happy circumstances I currently enjoy are due in large part to the mental regime I have constructed and pursued, and I have had to be reminded that what it took to get it, it takes to maintain it. I need adequate sleep and meditation in particular, and have, for now at least, learned my lesson.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Is there something you're neglecting?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry all day and increasingly sunny.
Dry with clear spells overnight.
Wind will be moderate and westerly.
Max Temp = 11 degC
Min Temp = 7 degC
Sunrise at 05:49
Sunset at 20:23

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
People are choosing cremation over traditional burial, which is great - it shows that they are thinking out of the box! : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Taylor Morgan on being lazy, "snarting" and a fun practical joke - well worth watching! : D

8. TRIVIA
A shark can disclocate its jaw, enabling its teeth to jut forward in a surprise strike at its prey

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"I am always doing things I can’t do; that’s how I get to do them."
— PABLO PICASSO

 


No comments:

Post a Comment