Sunday 7 April 2013

MONDAY 8th APRIL 2013 07:20 BST

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (8th April 1943)
In the Baltic...
U-416, sunk by mine on 30 March, is recomissioned after being salvaged and repaired.

In Salzburg, Germany...
Day 2 of Hitler/Mussolini conference

In the Mediterranean...
Italian vessel Foggia sunk by RN submarine HMS Unshaken

In Tunisia...
5th Corps of British 1st Army attack in the Bedja-Medjez el Bab sector, whilst 9th Corps attack around Fondouk.
Free French XIX Corps advance around Pichon

In the Atlantic...
Spanish vessel Castillo Montealeagre sunk by U-123
In Washington DC...
The US government freezes prices and wages until further notice.

In Burma...
General Kawabe takes command of new Japanese Burma Area Army

Today's Air Raids...
Duisburg, Germany by RAF Bomber Command
Northern France Allied Fighter patrols
Bay of Biscay minelaying by RAF Bomber Command
Kavieng, New Ireland by USAAF
Fort Bayard Airfield, China by US 14th Air Force
Dohazari, India by Japanese aircraft.

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging first thing. Housework from mid-morning. Meditation and some me time in the afternoon. Missus time in the evening.

 Twitter Followers = 1,653 (no change)
   Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
   Unfollowers eliminated = 1


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Although school holidays means that Missus and Son are at home and somewhat "under my feet", I am in the advantageous position of being a natural "early-riser" while the other two are the exact opposite and don't "do" mornings at all! I therefore still get plenty of time to myself, both for personal indulgence and to get stuff done.

It's a week of unusual events, beginning yesterday with the acquiring of two new cats. A rare late appointment for Son and Missus to the Dentist's will mean a late supper today, and Wednesday/Thursday will be at Missus side as she undergoes minor surgery on a blocked tear-duct. I have to write new scripts for a client who is my first kinaesthetic case, which means they don't see the world in pictures as most of us do, but in terms of movement and feeling.

In the highly uncertain lifestyle that I have chosen, it's fascinating how the resources seem to meet the challenges. The revenue from my latest client for example will pay for for new cats, clothes for missus, the Dentist, an eye-test for me and a new DVD for Son-time. It's a bit like being a farmer at the mercy of the weather and the crop, and simply meeting the challenge of the moment.

Looking around me though, I realize how fortunate I am. With my own house I own jointly outright, enough money coming in to pay the bills and loving and being loved by those who I share that house with. I am not part of the rat-race but rather live outside of mainstream society, observing it, going out into it but not really part of it. That suits me fine. From as early as I can remember, I never "fitted in", and have come to realize that my destiny is to stand out.

There is absolutely no way I would have chosen to experience what I have, but cannot deny it has led me to a blissful place.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
 Do you have a clear understanding of your purpose?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry and cloudy all day, evening and overnight, with the return of a raw easterly wind.
Max Temp = 4 degC
Min Temp = 1 degC
Sunrise at 06:24
Sunset at 19:55

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
They've just found a Mummy in Egypt covered with crushed nuts and covered in chocolate - apparently he was called Pharoah Rocher : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
One Foot In The Grave: The Yucca Plant and The Wig

8. TRIVIA
In December 1952, air pollution in London created fatal smog that immediately killed 4,000 people and then 8,000 more in the following weeks.

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment