Thursday 4 April 2013

FRIDAY 5th APRIL 2013 07:02 BST

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (5th April 1943)
In the Mediterranean...
German vessel San Isidro sunk by Free Greek submarine Katsonis.
USAAF fighters claim fourteen Luftwaffe Ju-52 transports shot down off Tunisia

In Tunisia...
Allied air forces launch Operation Flax to smash the Axis overseas supply line.

In the Atlantic...
Three Allied vessels are lost to U-Boats, but U-635 is sunk by Allied aircraft.

In the Pacific...
IJN submarine RO-34 sunk by USN destroyer O'Bannon off Russell Island.

In Burma...
In the Arakan, Indian 6th Infantry Brigade attack around Indin, but their HQ is overrun by a Japanese counterattack overnight.

In the Indian Ocean...
British vessel Aloe sunk by U-182

Today's Air Raids...
Antwerp, Belgium by US 8th Air Force
Brest, France by RAF Bomber Command
Northern France RAF Fighter patrols
Bo Rizzo airfield, Bocca di Falco airfield, and Trapani, Sicily by USAAF
Bizerte, Tunis, Tunisia by USAAF
Attu Island and Kiska Island by US 11th Air Force
Cape Gloucester, New Britain by USAAF
Maungdaw, Burma by Japanese aircraft
Meiktila, Burma by the RAF
Mandalay and military targets, Burma by USAAF
Chittagong, India by Japanese aircraft

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging first thing. A brief missus time before shift 1 of the Weekend Job. TV with missus in the later evening.

 Twitter Followers = 1,649 (no change)
  Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
  Unfollowers eliminated = 0


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Missus "quality time" went well and all bells got rung, despite the absence of Tadalafil or peanuts (for the L-argenine) from my system. I think I have the hang of this now - it's all about giving myself enough time to "warm up" before Missus arrives in the bedroom - 30 - 60 minutes is required.

With a woman who "knew what she was doing" I might not need this prep, but I don't feel I'm "missing out" - I'm just relieved I can still perform! For what Missus lacks in sexual prowess, she more than makes up for in love and devotion - she worships me! I see Uncle Fester staring at me from the mirror, and she sees Sean Bean.

This is what makes her irreplaceable - no one else could possibly love me so absolutely and completely as she does, and I rather like it! We have become absolutely dependent on each other. I cannot imagine being loved this way again, and I am profoundly grateful to have had this experience - it's the best!

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you investing enough in your most important relationships.

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Cloudy with sunny periods all day.
Becoming increasingly clear overnight.
A raw north-easterly wind will blow throughout.
Max Temp = 5 degC
Min Temp = 0 degC
Sunrise at 06:31
Sunset at 19:49

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I toss and turn for hours until I realize that making a salad isn't going to help me sleep. : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Monty Python - No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

8. TRIVIA
The old verse "Red sky at night - shepherd's delight, red sky at morning - shepherd's warning" has some basis in fact. A red sky indicates an anticyclone - a high pressure weather system that brings dry weather. They tend to travel due east in the northern hemisphere. A red sky in the evening is in the west, meaning that an anticyclone is coming. A red sky in the morning means that the anticyclone is moving away so unsettled weather is coming.

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but playing those you hold well." - Josh Billings


 






No comments:

Post a Comment