Thursday 25 April 2013

FRIDAY 26th APRIL 2013 07:40 BST

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (26th April 1943)
In the Warsaw Ghetto...
Jewish resistance begins to crumble

In Moscow...
The Soviet Union breaks diplomatic relations with the Polish government-in-exile over Katyn Forest issue.

In the English Channel...
Kriegsmarine minesweeper R-114 is sunk by a mine.

In Tunisia...
US II Corps pushing toward Bizerte
British 1st Army attacking toward Tunis
French XIX Corps advancing toward Pont du Fahs


In the Pacific...
USN Task Group 16.6 with three cruisers and six destroyers bombards Attu Island
RNZAF No. 15 Squadron arrives at Guadalcanal
HQ Southwest Pacific Area issues orders for Operation Cartwheel - an offensive against Rabaul.
New Zealand vessel Limerick sunk by an IJN submarine off Queensland

Today's Air Raids...
Duisberg, Germany by RAF Bomber Command
Grosseto and Bari, Italy by USAAF
Kiska Island by US 11th Air Force
Finschhafen and Lae, New Guinea by US 5th Air Force
Yunnanyi Airfield, China by Japanese aircraft
Rangoon and military targets, Burma by US 14th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging,
A good soak in the tub
Ironing
Shift 1 of the Weekend Job
Missus time in the later evening

  Twitter Followers = 1,663 (up 1)
     Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
     Unfollowers eliminated = 1

       @DapperChapper

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
After a period of slack discipline, something like self-management has begun to return with a suitable meditation yesterday, and most importantly Grounding. So basic and fundamental is the Discipline of Grounding to my philosophy, so taken for granted that I have overlooked it! I have had to refocus on the most basic disciplines I teach my clients - claming the mind and grounding the focus on your chosen purpose.

A good occasional humbling experience is required to prevent arrogance possessing you, so humility is another discipline I have re-learned the importance of. I am emerging from my "wobble" stronger and fortunately with no harm done. I am under no illusions about what I'm capable of if uncontrolled, so self-management is a vital daily necessity. Having said that, the struggle has been itself necessary to equip me with the knowledge and wisdom to help others. An inbuilt determination to survive and clear goals has served me well and brought me to a blissful experience, one which I now understand needs conscious maintenance to keep hold of.

.. I have fallen in love with a cat! Of all the cats we have owned, Shadow is the first one my soul has truly connected with - I'm enjoying her company immensely!

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Is there a "first love" you need to return to?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Sunshine at times and although mostly dry at first, showers will develop through the morning and become occasionally heavy with hail and thunder by the afternoon. Feeling rather cold.
Showers will clear away by midnight.
Wind will be moderate and north-westerly.
Max Temp = 7 degC
Min Temp = 3 degC
Sunrise at 05:43
Sunset at: 20: 28

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
An old man came up to me at the cash machine and asked me to help him check his balance ... so i pushed him over. : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Funny old game, football

8. TRIVIA
30% of pregnant mums will be lucky enough not to get morning sickness.

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"If you are not using your smile, you’re like someone with a million dollars in the bank and no checkbook." LES GIBLIN

No comments:

Post a Comment