Saturday 2 March 2013

SATURDAY 2nd MARCH 2013 08:55 GMT

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (2nd March 1943)
On the Russian Front...
Soviet forces launch an offensive around Rzhev and Vyazma. Locally outnumbered, German forces immediately withdraw from Rzhev.
German II SS Panzer Korps attack the Soviet 3rd Tank Army around Krasnograd.
German 1st Panzer Army attacks toward Voroshilovgrad.
Soviet 1st Guards Army and 3rd Guards Army withdraw over the Donets river.

In the English Channel...
In an exchange of long-range artillery fire, German vessel Penthievre is sunk, and British vessel Ut Prosim is sunk at Dover.

In Rome...
Mussolini announces the recall of the Italian Expeditionary Force from the Russian Front.

In the Mediterranean...
Vichy French vessel Clairette is sunk by RN submarine HMS Taurus

In Tunisia...
German attacks in Jefna sector push 139th Infantry Brigade of British 1st Army back to Sedjenane.

In the Atlantic...
Two Allied vessels are lost to Axis submarines.

In the Pacific...
The Battle of the Bismarck Sea: The Japanese invasion force heading for New Guinea is attacked by US 5th Air Force bombers. Japanese transport Kyokusei Maru is sunk and Two IJN destroyers rescue over 900 survivors from the water, pull away from the convoy at high speed, and arrive Lae overnight. The remaining convoy is then harrassed by RAAF aircraft.

Japanese vessel Toen Maru sunk by USN submarine Thresher in the East Indies.

Today's Air Raids...
Northern France on military targets by RAF Fighter Command and US 8th Air Force Fighters.
North Sea minelaying by RAF Bomber Command
Palermo, Sicily by USAAF aircraft
Darwin, Australia by Japanese aircraft
Myitkyina, Burma and other military targets by US 10th Air Force.
Feni, India by Japanese aircraft


2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging and me time before a brief missus time, then Shift 2 of the Weekend Job. Footie on TV in the late evening.

  Twitter Followers = 1,623 (up 3)
       Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
       Unfollowers eliminated = 0


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I'm rather pleased at how I managed myself yesterday! Daughter as usual took out her self-inflicted frustrations (at being pressured to return a video game) on her poor innocent mum, but I've learned that Missus is more than capable of soaking up this sort of abuse, so I didn't interfere, and Daughter of course, who would soon wilt without the emotional support, soon came round.

Son has also, to my disappointment, has been taking out frustrations on his mum. In his case, an intervention is productive, so there will be one! Meanwhile at the Weekend Job, the manager's inept handling of the supper break meant I got overlooked. In previous times I would have gone ballistic, but I simply took things into my own hands, and rather than nag or protest, I simply went unauthorised at the end of my tolerance. No one dared say anything! Management are fully aware of my total absence of fear and respect for them, and also my wilingness to play the system and inflict maximum inconvenience.

The sad reality I have learned in structured organisations is that the ones who get treated best are not the most helpful and co-operative, but the most stroppy. I have fully accepted and embraced this truth, and consequently I get treated far better then the majority in such situations.

At a higher spiritual level, I am learning to depend on my inner strength and guidance for my wellbeing, rather than the prevailing circumstances. Once I have fully mastered this focus, it will be much easier to stay in a state of Higher Consciousness, and take this life experience to new levels of enjoyment.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
On what do you rely for strength?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry and sunny all day.
Dry and Cloudy in the evening, fog overnight.
Wind will be increasingly light and north-westerly, veering westerly overnight.
Max Temp = 7 degC
Min Temp = 1 degC
Sunrise at 06:54
Sunset at 17:46

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I just want to be as thin as my patience. : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Kiran Deol on getting the brain/vagina ratio right

8. TRIVIA
In Iraq it is very offensive to let the family pet come near the dinner table. However, to wolf-down your food quickly and without utensils is considered complimentary to the host, showing your enthusiasm for the food.

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"The thing you fear most has no power. Your fear of it is what has the power. Facing the truth really will set you free." - Oprah Winfrey










No comments:

Post a Comment