Thursday 7 March 2013

FRIDAY 8th MARCH 2013 06:44 GMT

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (8th March 1943)
On the Russian Front...
Soviet 20th Army captures Sychevka
German II SS Panzer Korps attacks around Lyubotin
German 4th Panzer Army captures Taranovka and pushes toward Merefa

In the Mediterranean...
Italian ferry barge sunk by RN destroyers Pakenham and Paladin
RN destroyer HMS Lightning sunk by Kriegsmarine S-boat

In the Atlantic...
In a bad day for the Allies, U-boats switch to a new code book and Allied intelligence are consequently temporarily unable to decrypt signals and re-route convoys. Four Allied vessels are sunk the same day.

In the Caribbean...
U-156 sunk by USN PBY aircraft off Trinidad.

In the Indian Ocean...
US vessel James B. Stephens sunk by U-160

In the Pacific...
Japanese vessel Hisashima Maru sunk by USN submarine Permit off Honshu

In New Guinea...
Dutch vessel s'Jacob sunk by Japanese aircraft in Oro Bay.

In Burma...
In the Arakan, Japanese Tanahashi Column attacks Indian 123rd Infantry Brigade around Rathedaung east of the Mayu River. Allied forces ordered to begin withdrawing from southern Kaladan valley east of the Mayu River.

Today's Air Raids...
Northern France on railways and other military targets by RAF bombers and fighters and US 8th Air Force fighters
Rennes and Rouen, France by US 8th Air Force
North Sea minelaying by RAF Bomber Command
Sousse, Tunisia by USAAF
Babo, New Guinea by US 5th Air Force
Molucca Islands by US 5th Air Force
Burma on military targets by US 5th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging first thing. Accompanying missus to hospital for a pre-surgical consultation, then hotfoot to Shift 1 of the Weekend Job. Missus time in the later evening.

 Twitter Followers = 1,620 (down 1)
     Nonfollowed eliminated = 1
     Unfollowers eliminated = 0


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I am now well on the way to living by intuition rather than thought. This is particularly useful where I make mistakes or encounter adversity. Whereas in the past I would keep continually running such incidents through my head in a futile attempt to "correct" them, now I simply listen to my intuition.

The relief is absolutely wonderful! It's so much quieter inside my head - I now understand what the phrase "a quiet mind" really means. It feels truly blissful! For much of my life, I've had a strange secret desire - to be put to sleep. I now understand why this was - to turn off all that thought. My first experience of a general anaesthetic when I was five years old impacted me so intently because my awareness stopped being bombarded with input - I spent a lot of the subsequent time just wanting to go back there!

Now at last, I can at will, by concentrating, turn off my thought myself, no anaesthetics required! It's the end of internal civil war - peace at last, peace blissful peace! I'm so profoundly grateful!

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you at peace inside yourself?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Damp and drizzly in the morning.
Fog all afternoon and evening
Rain, occasionally heavy overnight
Wind will be consistently moderate and north-westerly
Max Temp = 4 degC
Min Temp = 3 degC
Sunrise at 06:40
Sunset at 17:57

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I don't think I've done a system update since 1998 but I've clicked "maybe later" 1,287 times! : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Milton Jones on families

8. TRIVIA
The most reliable statistics indicate that 10% of men and 35% of women don't masturbate - I don't believe them!

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"The man who has no imagination has no wings." - Muhammad Ali







 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment