Sunday 6 January 2013

TWELTH NIGHT, SUNDAY 6th JANUARY 2013 12:00 GMT

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (6th January 1943)
On the Russian Front...
The battle for Velikiye Luki continues

In Berlin...
Admiral Raeder, unhappy at Hitler's order of withdrawal of surface warships from combat, resigns as commander-in-chief of the Kriegsmarine.

In Rome...
Mussolini orders the evacuation of Libya

In Libya...
Leclerc's Free French column advancing from Chad captures Oum-el-Arameb.

In the Atlantic...
U-164 sunk by USN PBY aircraft off Brazil

In the Pacific... US 5th Air Force and RAAF aircraft attack IJN convoy en route from Rabaul to Lae with elements of Japanese 51st Infantry Division.
In Burma...
Elements of Indian 47th Infantry Brigade unsuccessfully attacking Laungchaung in the Arakan.

Today's Air Raids...
Kairouan, Tunisia by US 12th Air Force
Kiska Island by the US 11th Air Force, sinking two Japanese freighters
Gasmata, Rabaul and Offshore Shipping, New Britain by US 5th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
The Milk Run, laundry, take down Xmas decorations and blogging before lunch. Long double meditation after lunch and me time in the afternoon.
Missus time in the evening.

 Twitter Followers = 1,606 (down 1)
  Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
  Unfollowers eliminated = 1

     @LawGuy60606

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Hooray for drugs! My cold was making me somewhat miserable last night, but 3 ibuprofen, 3 paracetamol and a few squirts of nasal spray and I felt much more comfortable, sleeping well overnight.

I really need to move on from it, but before I do, I wanted to be clear in my own mind what made my childhood and parents so crap. After all, I was not starved, materially deprived or sexually abused. It was the way I was made to feel. I felt in the way of their utterly insane quest for the ultimate house and garden. I felt I couldn't do anything right. I deeply resented having a mother twisted by her own abusive childhood, unable to apologise, unable to admit wrong. I deeply resented being threatened with being put in a children's home, however empty that threat was.

I do not hate my parents, but I am deeply, profoundly disappointed in them. My Dad, for all his expressions of guilt, has learned nothing. He is a man who has never shown the slightest shred of courage, who has sacrificed his life to a mother and then a wife who have both rewarded him with derision and disappointment. A man who has utterly failed to grasp the meaning and purpose of life, who has lived a life of quiet desperation.

And then there is mother, a truly damaged individual who believes happiness is found in the perfect house and garden. A woman deeply embittered who can see all the faults in others but is blind to her own - a woman whose obsessions are responsible for destroying her closest family relationships. A woman for whom death is preferable to admitting wrong.

My parents love me but I have spent too long at the receiving end of their personal issues to obtain any joy from that love. My relationship with them is utterly joyless and so has been discarded.

All I have learned from them about parenting is how not to do it. Consequently I have addressed my issues and managed them, so my children are no longer at the receiving end of them. I NEVER put the house or jobs before my loved ones. I always apologise and admit mistakes. I face fear and do the right thing anyway. I never put security before the joy of living. I never live life by anyone else's agenda but my own. I will NEVER give crass unasked-for advice to my children about how they should live their life. I will encourage them 100% to live their own dreams.

MY home and garden may not be pristine and immaculate but it is a paradise of love, a joy to live in. I have that which my own parents have striven for all their lives but will never ever find.

There! Now having fully articulated it, I can move on...

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Have you anything that needs to be said?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry and cloudy all day, evening and overnight
Wind will be consistently light and south-westerly
Max Temp = 8 degC
Min Temp = 7 degC
Sunrise at 08:24
Sunset at 16:02
Jetstream: Over northern Britain and westerly

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
If you’re having second thoughts, you’re two ahead of most people.  : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Mrs. Brown's best friend

8. TRIVIA
Blue was used as protection against witches, who supposedly disliked the colour.

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"It’s not enough to know your truth, you must live it." - Stephen C. Paul


No comments:

Post a Comment