Monday 14 January 2013

TUESDAY 15th JANUARY 2013 07:42 GMT

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (15th January 1943)
On the Russian Front...
Continued heavy fighting on the Neva River and Volkhov River
Soviet 3rd Shock Army crushes final German resistance in Velikiye Luki
In Stalingrad pocket, Pitomnik airfield under heavy Soviet artillery fire
General Paulus is awarded Oak Leaves (for distiguished service) added his Knight's Cross (for skilled leadership in the field of battle).

In Berlin...
Hitler revokes an agreement allowing safe conduct of neutral commercial vessels with imports and exports via the North Sea. Now all vessels can be sunk on sight by the Kriegsmarine.

In the Mediterranean...
The Ialians lose three freighters to Royal Navy vessels.
U-617 sinks Greek vessel Annitsa and Norwegian vessel Harboe Jensen.

In Libya...
The British 8th Army opens an offensive against Axis positions at Buerat. Hopelessly outnumbered and outgunned, Rommel orders a complete retreat from the area overnight.
Italian Marshal Bastico is relieved as Governor of Libya and Commander-in-Chief North Africa.

In Casablanca...
Day 2 of the conference between Churchill and Roosevelt.

In the Atlantic...
British vessel Ocean Courage sunk by U-182
U-337 vanishes, cause unknown.

In the Pacific...
US 2nd Marine Division attacking in coastal sector around Point Cruz - Hill 66 on Guadalcanal, whilst Elements of US 25th Infantry Division and Americal Division attacking Japanese positions at Mount Austen.

In the Indian Ocean...
Japanese vessel Nichimei Maru sunk by US 10th Air Force aircraft with loss of over 500 Allied POWs.

In Japan...
The first meeting of the atomic weapons research group takes place.

Today's Air Raids...
Northern France on military targets by RAF Fighter Command and US 8th Air Force Fighters
L'Orient U-Boat Base by RAF Bomber Command
Tripoli, Libya by US 9th Air Force
Thelepte and Youks-les-Bains Airbases by the Luftwaffe
Sanananda, Lae, and Wewak, New Guinea by US 5th Air Force 
Cape Gloucester airfield, New Britain by US 5th Air Force
Bhamo, Burma by US China Air Task Force fighters

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Housework, business marketing, a brief trip to town and top-up shopping. Meditation in the afternoon. Some me-time in the evening and possibly Son time.

 Twitter Followers = 1,611 (up 1)
  Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
  Unfollowers eliminated = 0


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I'd be quite happy coughing away until my lungs eventually heal, were it not for the toll it's taking on my voice. I need my voice to do my job! I've got until Thursday latest to get at least a voice that works for clients on that day. This means finding ways to supress the cough reflex.

Painkillers help, although making me slightly stoned. I am nipping briefly into town today for some eucalyptus oil, a standard aromatherapy for coughs. I will also use the painkillers to maximum safe dose round the clock (something I've avoided before now). 

I must confess to a certain degree of panic on this issue, before my training kicked in and I re-grounded myself. Bottom line is I can only respond in the best ways available, which will either enable me to work or will not. The only thing I can change is my response, so it is the response, rather than possible outcomes, on which I will focus.

Missus is having (another!) day on sick due to vomiting first thing, but I can turn this to my advantage, freeing up time that would have gone on catering and quality time with her. I now have ample time to address all of today's necessary tasks.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
In adversity, what is the best thing to focus on?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Cloudy and foggy start.
Cloud will gradually lift and thin out from mid-morning.
Bright and sunny in the afternoon.
Cloud builds up again over the evening and there will be freezing fog overnight.
Wind negligible
Max Temp = -1 degC
Min Temp = -4 degC
Sunrise at 08:17
Sunset at 16:16

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
Rejected Dr Seuss book: My Pocket Rocket Needs A Socket : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Kevin Bridges on Will.I.AM and catching grenades

8. TRIVIA
The longest one-syllable word in the English language is "screeched."

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely." - Auguste Rodin







 


No comments:

Post a Comment