Wednesday 9 January 2013

THURSDAY 10th JANUARY 2013 06:58 GMT

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (10th January 1943)
On the Russian Front...
Soviet Don Front launches Operation Koltso on the German 6th Army in Stalingrad, which begins to collapse.
Soviet forces attacking across the Kuma River

In East Prussia...
Romanian Marshal Antonescu arrives at the Wolfsschanze for three days of meetings with Hitler.

In the Pacific...
US 25th Infantry Division attacks Japanese positions at Mount Austen on Guadalcanal.
USN submarine Argonaut sunk by Japanese aircraft and warships.
The Australian Lancer Force is evacuated from Timor Island by sea by RAN destroyer Arunta.
IJN destroyer Okikaze is sunk by USN submarine Trigger off Honshu.

In New Guinea...
US 127th Infantry Regiment and 163rd Infantry Regiment attack around Tarakena and Sanananda.

In Burma...
Indian 123rd Infantry Brigade unsuccessfully attack Rathedaung in the Arakan.

Today's Air Raids...
Northern France on military targets by RAF Fighter Command
Kebili Gabes and La Goulette, Tunisia by US 12th Air Force
Guadalcanal on military positions and supply dumps by US Cactus Air Force
Munda, New Georgia Island by US AirSoPac bombers
Lae, New Guinea on a departing Japanese convoy by US 5th Air Force and RAAF aircraft.
Myitnge, Burma by US 10th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Shopping, meditation, some me time, missus time in the evening.

 Twitter Followers = 1,609 (up 1)
  Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
  Unfollowers eliminated = 1

    @themartincox


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Missus also developed a hacking cough last night, which caused her to bring her supper back up, but whilst she has awoken with it apparently gone, mine continues to rumble on and make me fed up. I have found that an ibuprofen/paracetamol combo effectively surpresses it, but I want to save "doping" myself for client sessions, and other times adopt a "better out than in" policy. With my lungs always taking 6-8 weeks to recover from an infection, it could be March before I'm feeling fine : /

Still, it is after all only a cough, and something I'm quite capable of living with. I am slightly saddened that this is my third infection in a year. I had a bad cough last spring, contracted Norovirus in December and now have another cough to begin the new year with. I can feel sorry for myself or get on with it, so I will of course be doing the latter! Bottom line is, if this is the worst thing happening in my life right now, I'm doing OK!

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
What is your response to the loss of your health?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Foggy start, which will lift by mid-morning into a brief sunny spell late morning.
Dry and cloudy thereafter, and cold.
Wind will be consistently light and north-westerly
Max Temp = 3 degC
Min Temp = 0 degC
Sunrise at 08:21
Sunset at 16:08
Jetstream: Over the East Coast and northerly

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
After a holiday, what makes me happy to see the people I work with is having just been with the people I'm related to. : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
George Carlin on religion

8. TRIVIA
When you feel intense nausea, you will produce large amounts of saliva. This helps to dilute and rinse the acid in vomit,as well as neutralize it due to its natural alkaline property.

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
 "In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you." - Deepak Chopra




 







No comments:

Post a Comment