Sunday 27 January 2013

SUNDAY 27th JANUARY 2013 08:43 GMT

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (27th January 1943)
On the Russian Front...
Supplies begin moving into Leningrad via a rail line through the narrow Soviet-held corridor south of Lake Ladoga.
German 1st Panzer Army are withdrawing into the Ukraine while the 17th Army holds the Kuban.

In Berlin...
Hitler authorizes the mobilization of all German men 16-65 and all women 17-45.

In London...
Parliament urges the government to save the Jews of Nazi-occupied Europe.

In Cairo...
Churchill arrives to consult with local officials.

In the Atlantic..
Three American freighters lost to U-Boats.

In the Pacific...
US forces reach Nueha River on Guadalcanal.
Japanese vessel Shoan Maru heavily damaged beyond repair by USN submarine Whale off Saipan.

Today's Air Raids...
Wilhelmshaven, Germany by US 8th Air Force
Dusseldorf, Germany by RAF Bomber Command
North Sea Minelaying by RAF Bomber Command
Messina, Italy by US 9th Air Force
Offshore Tunisia on Axis shipping by US 12th Air Force
Mezzouna, Tunisia by US 12th Air Force
Guadalcanal on US positions by Japanese aircraft
Kolombangara Island by US 13th Air Force
Lae and Finschhafen, New Guinea by US 5th Air Force
Gasmata, New Britain by US 5th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging first thing. Missus time, client follow-up and ironing in the morning. Long meditation after lunch and some me time. Missus time in the evening.

 Twitter Followers = 1,614 (down 2)
   Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
   Unfollowers eliminated = 2

         @SpecialPenny, @AllanBBeaton


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I'm particularly aware today of my potential to make a difference. Making a difference is my chosen life-purpose, and consequently abundant opportunity to do so has manifested. My role in my nuclear family is absolutely pivotal, and there are many others I can lift by my talents. The setbacks of this month, notably a prolonged cough and the collapse of my business venture, and big unexpected expenses on both children and energy bills, have not changed the fundamental direction of my life.

In an important new self-development, there has been a sharpening of awareness. Up to now my awareness has been centred within me, that is the role I am playing in this life experience. In the past few days it has shifted to the boundary between my internal experiences of myself and the external experiences of the universe. From this new vantage point, I can see the Physics of both regions playing out. The result is a much deeper and more profound acceptance of both, a delicious peace of mind and more power to affect both.

My next spiritual aim is to keep my awareness permanently in this blissful nexus, so I will be experimenting with techniques to stay foucused on this point.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Is your understanding of the Universe growing and developing?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRAFORD
Wet blustery start.
Rain will clear by mid-morning, then it will dry and bright until early afternoon.
Blustery showers then move in for the afternoon but will clear by evening.
It will be dry and become increasingly clear overnight.
Wind will be strong and south-westerly, gradually easing over the day.
Max Temp = 5 degC
Min Temp = 3 degC
Sunrise at 08:02
Sunset at 16:38

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
Sometimes the first step to forgiveness is understanding the other person is a complete idiot. : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Cory Robinson on food

8. TRIVIA
The name Jeep came from the abbreviation used in the army for the "General Purpose" vehicle, G.P.

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"There is only one Master, and it is neither male nor female. It shines within you as your own Self." - Poonjaji


 






No comments:

Post a Comment