Saturday 12 January 2013

SUNDAY 13th JANUARY 2013 07:10 GMT

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (13th January 1943)
On the Russian Front...
West of Moscow, Russia, Soviet 11th Army and German 18th Motorised Division clash at Staraya Russa, while Soviet 29th, 39th Army, and (further away to the southwest) 11th Cavalry Corps attack the German 9th Army at Rhzev.

Over Britain...
German bombers attack Lowestoft and Redcar, during daylight hours; minor attacks are also conducted over Aberdeenshire and the Shetland Islands.

In the Pacific...
Japanese aircraft strike Ambon, Dutch East Indies.

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
The final day of the Wedding Anniversary Weekend will be split between missus and myself!

 Twitter Followers = 1,609 (no change)
  Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
  Unfollowers eliminated = 1

        @SimpBlogNetwork

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
OK, I caved in, and took the painkillers! I was just so much more comfortable! Even then, my cough rather took the shine off a bonanza of me-time, but thankfully I didn't inflict my "suffering" on anyone else. In hindsight, I would have been better spending more time sleeping and meditating than I did, thus helping my recovery, rather than watch West Ham have a bad day on Final Score.

In an interesting synchronicity, I observed Son also have an unfulfilling day, feeling the disappointment of everyone else having something - or someone - better to do than him. My experience and wisdom tells me me that the correct response to "lean spells" of any type is to simply keep on doing your thing. Damage will heal, others will again take interest in you. You just gotta keep focused, keep believin' and keep movin'. Missus on her return from seeing daughter simply enjoyed me being around in the evening, diseased as I am, and made me feel like I'm doing it right.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
What keeps you going through lean times?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Cold, dry and cloudy all day. Snow in the evening and overnight.
Wind will be very light and south-westerly
Max Temp = 1 degC
Min Temp = -1 degC
Sunrise at 08:19
Sunset at 16:13
Jetstream: Over Spain and westerly

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
Honesty is the best policy. Unless you want people to like you.

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Stewart Francis Live At The Apollo

8. TRIVIA
Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." - T. S. Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment