Sunday 16 December 2012

SUNDAY 16th DECEMBER 2012 10:55 GMT

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (16th December 1942)
On the Russian Front... Operation Little Saturn: Soviet Voronezh Front and Southwest Front attack Italian 8th Army north of Stalingrad.
Operation Winter Storm: German Group Hoth continues attacking toward Stalingrad.
Luftwaffe aircraft transport approximately 145 tons of supplies to German 6th Army in Stalingrad pocket

In England... German saboteur Eddie Chapman parachutes into England, but is promptly captured and turned into double agent.

In the Atlantic... Four Allied freighters are lost to U-Boats

In New Guinea... Australian 21st Infantry Brigade encircles Japanese positions west of Gona.
In the Pacific... Japanese vessel Shingu Maru sunk by USN submarine Halibut off Japan. Genzan Maru, attempting to Halibut, runs aground and is abandoned.

In Burma... Japanese 213th Infantry Regiment withdraws from Maungdaw and Buthidaung in the Arakan.

Today's Air Raids...
Tunisia Multiple targets by US 12th Air Force
Munda airfield. New Georgia Island By US Cactus Air Force
Buna, New Guinea by US 5th Air Force
Chittagong, India by Japanese aircraft

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Ironing in the morning. Some prep after lunch before monthly Reiki Share. Missus time in the evening.

 Twitter Followers = 1,601 (no change)
   Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
   Unfollowers eliminated = 0


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
After a bad run, this weeks' shifts of the Weekend Job went as smoothly as they could possibly go. If it was like that every week, I'd be happy to keep going! It isn't, so I'm not, but I am grateful for this week.

Over a gradual period in the last decade, I have undergone liberation from expectations. I have taken full control of my life, and feel obliged to fulfil no one else's expectations but my own. This has required a certain amount of courage saying NO to people - and meaning it. In the process I have also become liberated from fear, doing things despite feeling it.

I would love to say that I worked out some wonderful intellectual strategy for this liberation, but the truth is my fear got overrode by another dark emotion - anger. I got so angry that I started defying people, and when I saw them back away in the face of it, I had a Dark Epiphany. For the first time in my life I felt powerful.

I have been blessed enough to have not been destroyed either by being broken under the weight of others' expectations, or by my own wrath. I have had time to achieve a balance between the positive and negative energies within myself. I wield love and light to reach out to the receptive, and without reservation wield anger, hate and vindictiveness in self-defence. 

Regarding my personal space, I have a simple criterion who is allowed into it. If someone makes me smile, they're welcome in. Those who make me feel bad will be excluded and if necessary fought, regardless of their status. Since I have adopted this attitude, I have felt both empowered and at peace with myself, which makes me inclined to continue with it.

 4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Who's expectations are you living by?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry and cloudy with sunny periods all day. 
Clear skies in the early evening.
Cloud will rebuild from mid-evening.
There will be isolated showers overnight. 
Wind will be light and south-westerly, veering south-easterly in the evening.
Max Temp = 6 degC
Min Temp = 4 degC
Sunrise at 08:20
Sunset at 15:46
Jetstream: South of England and westerly

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
Shoepidity... wearing ridiculously uncomfortable shoes just because they look good. : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Smith and Jones discuss the Sixties

8. TRIVIA
Hadrian's Wall was begun in 122AD on the orders of the Roman emperor Hadrian in 122 and took six years to build. It was not always on the northern frontier.

In 142 Roman emperor Antonius Pius, who had conqured Southern Scotland, ordered the construction of the Antonine Wall from the Forth to the Clyde. It took a whopping 12 years to build but was abandoned on the orders of Marcus Aurelius in 162. In 208 emperor Septimus Severus advanced back into Scotland and ordered the wall re-occupied, but this occupation only lasted three years.

Hadrian's Wall was from 211 once again the northern frontier and remained so for nearly two centuries. In 401 the Roman legions abandoned the wall. The wall was not instantly deserted. Local Britons held some of the fortfications along the wall for some time after. It was at some point in the 6th Century that the wall became completely disused.

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."- Dolores Ibarruri



 







No comments:

Post a Comment