Monday 26 November 2012

MY 50th BIRTHDAY, MONDAY 26th NOVEMBER 2012 08:49 GMT

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (26th NOVEMBER 1942)
On the Russian Front... Operation Mars: Soviet 3rd Shock Army surrounds part of German LIX Korps in Velikiye Luki.
Manstein's Army Group Don redeploys in an attempt to stabilize the German front west of Stalingrad.
Luftwaffe aircraft transport approximately 50 tons of supplies to German 6th Army in Stalingrad pocket - only about 15% of that required.

In the English Channel... Kriegsmarine minesweeper R-109 is sunk by a mine.

In Libya... Benghazi is opened to Allied shipping.

In Tunisia... The British 78th Infantry Division hold Medjez el Bab against German attacks.

In the Atlantic... Three Allied freighters are sunk by U-Boats.

In the Pacific... General Hyakutake's Japanese 17th Army relieved of command in New Guinea in order to control operations in the Solomons under 8th Area Army from Rabaul.

In New Guinea... 127th Regiment of the US 32nd Infantry Division arrives Port Moresby whilst Japanese reinforcements land at Buna.

In the Indian Ocean... German vessel Ramses sunk by RAN cruiser Adelaide.

Today's Air Raids...
Northern France Military targets by RAF Fighter Command.
North Sea Minelaying by RAF Bomber Command.

Tripoli, Libya by US 9th Air Force
Kiska, Aleutian Islands by US 11th Air Force.
Bougainville Island, Solomon Islands by US B-17 bombers
Darwin, Australia Heavy raids in three waves by Japanese bombers

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Last day of my 50th Birthday Slobfest and my actual birthday. Nevertheless, I'll still do the ironing in the morning, because I can happily do it whilst watching catchup TV. Some me time and a long meditation while Son and missus are out before Son time when he's back from college and missus time thereafter.

 Twitter Followers = 1,592 (up 2)
  Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
  Unfollowers eliminated = 0


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
You'd think being full-time carer for a wife who is a Paranoid Schizophrenic would be a big burden to bear. Certainly it's not something I would have chosen, and the time before it was treated was the darkest time of my life. Ten years on though, and after several turns of good fortune, I actually love my life, with the exception of the Weekend Job, although I can handle that whilst it's necessary.

There are two factors which make caring for Missus a lot easier than it normally is for Paranoid Schizophrenics. Firstly she faithfully takes all her medication. This enables her to hold down a full-time job, and since we have zero debt and so low overheads, I can be housekeeper (which missus would be clueless at) and run my Hypnotherapy Practice from home. Secondly, she is passionately, deeply and totally in love with me.

These two factors mean I get far more freedom than the average bloke, no one's on my back to do stuff (which I would hate) and I'm able to pursue my passions, hypnotherapy in particular. We share the house with Son, who is virtually a clone of me but in far more favourable conditions than I had at his age, and our relationship is the thing in my life that I most treasure. We are without doubt each other's best friends. Being with him is like visiting myself in a parallel universe. This means I can give him enormous help and support.

With an abundance of love, and having a wealth of creature comforts, home is a heavenly place just now. I am beside myself with gratitude. But dammit I've earned it. I've had my share of fear, hurt and loneliness. 

Relationship with Daughter, who is currently at a safe distance, is a work in progress. I have been taught that anything anybody does between 12 and 20 needs to be unconditionally forgiven, because the rewiring of the brain and hormonal rebalancing in that period is so extensive that young folks often have no idea what they're doing. Unfortunately, at the time, it was beyond by ability to cope with her and care for missus as well.

Over time and at a distance, the relationship has greatly improved, and I have been able to offer her emotional and intellectual support. As she continues to grow and develop, I'm confident our relationship will continue to grow too.

4. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Is your life going somewhere?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Heavy rain all day, evening and overnight.
Wind will be moderate and north-westerly.
Max Temp = 7 degC
Min Temp = 5 degC
Sunrise at 07:55
Sunset at 15:54
Jetstream: Over South-East England south-westerly

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
This match won't light. Which is weird because it did this morning. :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Drama Queen Cat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plWnm7UpsXk&feature=related

8. TRIVIA
The Mosquito Coast on the eastern seaboard of Nicaragua and Honduras is not named after the insect, but after the Miskita people who once lived there.

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"The world has enough for every man's need, but not for every man's greed."
 - MAHATMA GHANDI




No comments:

Post a Comment