Saturday 27 October 2012

SUNDAY 28th OCTOBER 2012 06:22 GMT


AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE


1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (28th OCTOBER 1942)
Romanian Coast... Soviet submarine L-5 conducts minelaying operations off Burnas. U-9 sunk by Soviet bombing attack at Constanza

In the Baltic... Swedish vessel Bengt Sture sunk by Soviet submarine SC-406

In Norway... Kriegsmarine heavy cruiser Admiral Hipper and two destroyers transfer from Narvik to Altafjord.
In the Mediterranean... Operation Baritone: RN Force H with carrier Furious departs Gibraltar with air reinforcements for Malta. Italian vessel Luisiano sunk by Allied aircraft.

In Egypt... At El Alamein: Australian 9th Infantry Division attack the coastal sector of German lines.
In the Atlantic... US vessel Gurney E. Newlin sunk by U-606. British vessel Nagpore sunk by U-509

In Tokyo... Japanese-Thai Cultural Pact signed.

In Papua New Guinea... The Australian 16th Infantry Brigade breaks through the right flank of the Japanese rearguard around Eora on the Kokoda Track.
 
Todays Air Raids...
Pylos Bay, Greece by US MEAF bombers

Assam, India Japanese bombers attack allied airfields
Rabaul and Gasmata, New Britain by US 5th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging, the milk run and possibly ironing before waking missus. Missus time then lunch. A long meditation after lunch. A mixture of missus time and me time thereafter.


Twitter Followers = 1,575 (up 4)
Nonfollowed eliminated = 1
Unfollowers elimnated = 0


3. TODAY’S SELF-OBSERVATION
Despite all my training, I am not immune from low moods, and I had one that hung around most of yesterday. I know that mood is related to attention, but for most of the day stuck at the Weekend Job, I couldn't budge it at all from things I didn't want. There is more to learn! I aim to be ultimately be able to turn my mood around ins situ, but right now I need a time-out to refocus from a "downer".

 
Fortunately, I never have to wait too long for such a time-out, and with the clocks going back and fairly early waking, I have 5 hours to myself to begin Sunday. In the calm atmosphere of the Consulting Room, it's easy to re-orient your attention to the positive.

By time missus gets woken I expect to be fully returned to positive mode, ready for a passionate taladafil-fuelled 3 days of passion once Son departs in the afternoon to visit Daughter.

4. TODAY’S QUESTION FOR YOU
Do you have a private place to retreat to?
 
5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Rain of varying intensity all day, evening and overnight.
Wind: Moderate and westerly, veering south-westerly in the afternoon.
Max Temp = 8 deg C
Min Temp = 7 deg C
Sunrise at 07:00
Sunset at 16:40
Jetstream:
Over Britain and northerly
 
6. TODAY'S ONELINER
A bunch of my friends are coming over tonight to play on their phones. : D
 
7. THE BEST OF MOCK THE WEEK
Series 10 Bad Things to Say in a Job Interview

8. TRIVIA
The world's smallest active volcano is Taal in the Philippines, rising a measly 400m above sea level.

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become."
 - CARL GUSTAV JUNG




No comments:

Post a Comment